Any body there?

Just checking if anybody has registered for FRM full exam in Nov 2009?

Yep. Several of us L2 candidates have.

WTH!!! When did FRM go to 2 levels? I was thinking about doing the FRM after completing the CFA designation, but if it’s now 2 levels…

February 25, 2009 To the GARP membership: The financial crisis is radically altering the global financial system. The cause of the crisis and how to tackle its effects will be the subject of much debate over the coming months and years. Irrespective of the conclusions, how risks were managed and the future role of the financial risk professional will play a prominent part in the debate. This crisis has also brought to the forefront the importance of the role of a professional risk manager. A strong consensus has emerged that it must be objective and independent, and a collaborative voice providing advice and opinion to a firm’s senior management. Risk managers are now gaining a place at the senior management table, charged with creating a culture of risk awareness throughout the organization. Given this evolution of the discipline of financial risk management, risk professionals must be prepared to rise to the challenges the marketplace is presenting them. They must be able to respond to the complexities of a new global and interconnected marketplace. One important way to ensure they are able to meet these challenges is to be sure that their skill set is sufficient to react to dynamic and evolving demands. GARP’s FRM® Committee and Board of Trustees are also responding to this change in the financial risk manager’s status and role. Their recognition, and after much study, understanding of the increased demands that will be placed on financial risk managers in the future has required them to make important changes to the FRM program’s syllabus. These changes are designed to ensure that the FRM program continues to reflect the steadily increasing and demanding skills necessary for a professional financial risk manager to respond to the complexities of a rapidly changing marketplace. Starting in November the FRM program will begin transitioning to a two level examination format by offering for the last time the full FRM exam and for the first time Level I of the new two level FRM exam program. Level I will cover core areas of risk management, such as quantitative analysis, financial markets and products and essential risk modeling. Level II will cover specific topics on the practical implementation and execution of measurement and management of market, credit and operational risk, as well as a new section covering current issues in financial markets. Commencing in May 2010, and again in November, both Levels I and II will be offered to candidates. That offering schedule will continue permanently into the future. Your Board of Trustees and the FRM Committee work hard to ensure that the FRM program and GARP’s other certification programs evolve with the financial markets. It is only with this type of attention to the markets and their demands on the professionals that work in the financial marketplace that you can be assured that the professional designations you earn from GARP, and the other GARP programs you take, will provide you with a positive and rewarding experience, increasing your opportunity for career advancement. We realize that you may have many questions relating to the new FRM program syllabus. Please go to our website, at www.garp.com/frmexam/faq.aspx, for additional details. We want to thank you for your support of GARP and its programs. It is only due to the confidence you have placed in us that we have been able to achieve our global success. As the world’s leading association for financial risk professionals, we will continue to work hard to ensure that the risk profession and those who practice in it are recognized for the benefits they offer and the skills they possess. Yours truly, René Stulz Chairman FRM Committee William Martin Chairman GARP Board of Trustees Richard Apostolik President and CEO GARP

No, in November you can go for full in one exam. i have signed up for full FRM.

I’m here. Starting studying for real on May 20th.

count me in for full exam …by the way how have you guys structuring the preparation . I am starting with Hull readings

Factor hedge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > count me in for full exam …by the way how have > you guys structuring the preparation . I am > starting with Hull readings I will start thinking of it 8th of june

i will start thinking after my holiday in langkawi post l2 in june.

what are you guys using to study for the full exam this nov? schweser? bionic turtle? the handbook? combination of the above 3?

Hey Jaspreet, Have you taken the FRM exam?If so, what books/prep material did you use?Im on the FRM Library and Im seeing the following: - 2009 FRM® Full Exam Core Readings Course Pack: $510 for the printed version - The FRM Handbook, 5th Edition: $122.50 (Im thinking of taking the FULL exam) Do you know the difference between the two?Would it be sufficient to buy the core readings and not buy the Handbook? I know Schweser would cover everything for $400 for the Essential Pack but want to know what the official material is. Thanks.

well as i am enrolled on a course. My lecturer informed that the handbook is like the bible same as everyone treating the Security Analysis by Benjamin Graham. Core readings are just supplements to it. I realised that the provider has compiled alot of information in the handbook itself which at times is quite confusing with all the different greek symbols interpreted in the same equations! Still the core readings do help those who need a crash course in understanding the fundamentals of statistics and others. Best of luck guys!

albi, thanks. so if one buys the Handbook and the core readings, u think its enough?Does Schweser structure the readings better (in case you have used Schweser). Thanks.

i think of getting the Schweser readings as well esp from the positive feedbacks i read from this forum. The extra readings are really in depth, i would use that as a reference for things i am totally clueless like Black Scholes and Monte Carlos

I just can not understand why those curriculum (the portions overlapped) already tested in CFA exam must be tested in FRM exam again. Shall they be exempted for CFA L3 candidates and CFA charterholders ? It is a waste of human and social resouces !

I just registered today for full FRM , 30 mins before deadline … Lets get moving on this now …

I’m with you ap; seems as though you and I are somewhat behind. Started a few days ago with Schweser and finishing up Book 1 today.