TTM - A Delicious Spicy Short Biryani

Short: TATA MOTORS

TTM - down 10 percent today. I’ve been shorting this since 25 - I’m sorry I didn’t tell you guys about it sooner. This company is way overvalued. Their version of the model T, the tata nano, is a non-starter but we haven’t figured this out yet in the West. I can tell you, nobody wants this thing. The company is valued about as much as GM and F combined (around 70billion… though less by the minute) and nearly as much as so called “good” car companies. It’s a dog. Still way more delicious downside here. Oh and it’s good for the short India play which I can tell you is a solid bet. They are in a very crowded industry which is getting more competitive by the day. They now get to compete with every european car company which have all opened up factories here in India. . Lights out PUSSIES!

Long TTWO

This company sucks. I have no idea why they aren’t more profitable. Their management obviously needs a kick in their ass, which Carl Icahn, an investor could theoretically do if he weren’t trying to fix chesapeke. However, the stock is dirt cheap because they haven’t made any money lately. The good news is that they own the best video game in the world, GRAND THEFT AUTO. GTA5 is coming out, sometime in the next 12 months. Hopefully before Christmas. I bought a PS3 only to play GTA4. I think its that good. They also do a bunch of other awesome games (RED DEAD REDEMPTION, Borderlands, and other stuff that I don’t play). In their footnotes they have a bunch of shit about their product pipepline. 2013 is gonna be a big year for them based on this. I wanna buy before the hype. They have been delaying a lot lately, so i wouldn’t be surprised if that persisted.

I have no position, but I think I’ll put one in once I get a better idea about the GTA5 release. No Rush, but I think this one could pop. At its currenty price I wouldn’t be surprised if someone took them out. If this company were actually run properly it would be pretty profitable. The games probably wouldn’t be as good though.

TTWO – god, that stock got kicked in the ballsack over the last two months. I will check that out as a long, thanks. I generally avoid game stocks because they are basically the same as movie businesses – most games suck and fail, a few make big money, and consequently the Street doesn’t really know what to do with them (imagine some 45 year old PM trying to evaluate GTA 5 – dude is going to pass). Not saying it’s not a long, but the only way I would buy is if the stock were WAY down and severely undervalued (as may be the case) relative to some kind of basic assumption about normalized earnings.

FYI, I don’t think the market follows your logic or Activision Blizzard would be up after record Diablo 3 sales. Never looked at the stock, maybe Blizzard is a small portion of revenue, but Blizz is the best game company in the world (they’re incapable of making a bad game) and the stock is going sideways after one of if not the biggest game launches of all time.

Government just raided the oil prices here india. As a result the whole country is on strike today. Indians are highly price sensitive and guess what kiddies, they ain’t gonna buy cars when they can drive a bike for way less.

Furthermore, Tata cars aren’t even that fuel efficient.

What do you think about shorting Indian banks? HDFC has done so well over the past few years, but if this is only the start of broader problems (which I suspect) perhaps ICC could be a decent short.

Take Two is not the best game company in the world, Blizzard is…with that said, gaming industry is not good for investors…its downright horrible…

San Andreas is gonna be huge

Ok, i’ve bought ttwo today at 9.99

TTM is still a dog. Short anything Indian.

appreciate the fact you letting us in on it on the day of purchase…good luck and may the classy babes be with you

I was gonna wait, as I said, to get in but this thing reached my price target of 10 bucks and I thought oh well why not? I’ll add to the position as it drops more. At 852 million bucks I think the price is cheap.

Yep, in India right now and barely see any nanos. Although I must say, I really do like Tata’s other models, it’s come a long way from the Indian cars I remember in the 90s.

How the hell did I miss this thread? I know TTWO inside and out. $9.99 is a great entry price. Since they pushed Bioshock back to next year they don’t officially have a xmas release slated. But, they just bumped up their already optimistic EPS estimate for the year. The only way they hit it is with an Oct release for GTA 5. Maybe if it gets pushed to Dec they’ll still be okay, but they have to have an xmax release.

Once the GTA date is announced we’ll see a pop - provided it’s not June 2013. If they can get GTA out in Oct we’ll see $18 before year end.