Love the Company Hate the Stock

Thoughts on AMZN? I really like this co – the CEO does all the rights things and they are positioning themselves to capture huge marketshare in retail. The problem is that apparently, judging by its valution, the rest of the market feels te same way.

Whats the plan if you’re in this boat? Hope a bad quarter knocks the stock down 10 - 20% and then pounce?

Find another stock. AMZN selling off 20% on a weak quarter is hard to imagine.

I think if you are a value investor, this is going to be another IBM smiley Forever beyond reach due to apparent rich valuation.

Jeff Bezos seems to be an unrecognized genius, unlike Michael Dell or Steve Jobs. He knows what people want. He promoted Kindle prominently when e-readers were not on anyone’s radar.

The bad thing is, (even ignoring P/E or other market value based metrics) - their ROE is bad compared to Wal-Mart. And walmart.com is getting better all the time. Does Amazon really have a moat in retail? Not as much as Google in search or Apple in cool products (as of now). But GOOG and AAPL are not getting AMZN’s valuation.

My plan is to ignore AMZN forever.

either you believe this is the next walmart in which case you buy and hold or you wait for it to drop by over 50% (20% is not nearly enough)…

AAPL

I love their products and iOS interface but I believe the stock is overvalued.

…nice to meet you

Market efficiency at its finest

facebook - good product … frightening stock