How do I find out where a company's cash and ST investments are domiciled?

Where can I find out where a company holds its cash and short-term investments? I’m looking to find this information on a company I’m looking at, and it’s not clear to me from its 10-K’s or 10-Q’s. Am I looking in the wrong place? Or could it be elsewhere? For example, even if a company says it is holding U.S. treasuries, it doesn’t always explain whether they are held in the U.S. or elsewhere. One would need to know this stuff in order to understand the costs of potential repatriation, in the event that the cash or equivalents are held in a foreign or overseas country. Specifically, I’m looking at a company who derives 70% of revenues overseas but want to understand what the tax implications would look like if any cash held in foreign countries were repatriated. Can anyone provide advice, preferably using an example of a specific stock? Thanks.

Come on guys, this is AnalystForum…are there any analysts here? Help a brother out. Thanks.

Go to Citibank office in Manhattan, 42nd floor. Ask for Arnie Nedelman. Tell him the passphrase is “Stormy Bridge Clear Waters”. He has all the information you need!

would the difference really be relevant?

in this case, yes

This was discussed a while back and I think the consensus was that a company does not need to disclose the location of its cash or the cost or re-patriation. Some do so voluntarily. I will see if I can find the thread.

call investor relations and tell them you are a BSD CFA and you have a question

That would be great Chad. Thanks for helping.

Here you go…

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-general-discussion/91307375

Awesome thread. Thanks for this link Chad.