Short HPQ for a week. I really don't' get the hype.

How do you change a price target from 12 to 20 on one quarter of earnings? It’s just cost cutting, no uptick in demand whatsoever. It’s like an anexoric. There’s only so much you can starve.

Sold the 19.5/20 weekly call spread due next friday. IV is obviously very high on 19.5 calls.

I have no opinion on HPQ, but I like that you actually post your ideas on here. I wish there was more of these types of posts. This is what I had envisioned when this forum was created.

GL

Dude, try to think through your trades. I see you going crazy every other day. Long Goldman…short this…long that…

Try to cogently lay out a bear case for HPQ.

As for ideas, I’m going long RHT if it drops to the 40s.

Yeah, there should be a link for just actionable trades, maybe call it ‘Trading Room’ or something.

The HPQ position ended the day with very positive gains, but I’m leaving it open for full weekend decay. And then come Monday, who knows. The implied Vol on the 19.5 weekly calls dropped from 39% to 30% by the close.

Anyways, beer time, then studying. Heard it’s supposed to be a rainy weekend in NYC.

They are well thought out, but you’re right, if I’m just swing trading GS super short term, then I shouldn’t post it on here. My trading of GS is my go to for bread and butter, very tight ‘technical levels’, so it probably does sound like noise on this forum. Sorry.

How is that cogent? I could see there’s sorta long term support at 40 (last time it was there though was over a year ago), that’s kinda like saying, I’m going long AAPL if it drops to the 200’s.

If anything, I would see what RHT does when it drops to 50 and then make a bullish/bearish call.