iPhone Wrap-Around Display

http://www.katu.com/news/tech/Apple-patents-iPhone-with-wraparound-display-200639261.html

Not sure if this will get me to buy the phone. Sounds a lot more interesting than their last 5 iterations however. I’m trying to think of cool applications of such a device. Any ideas?

Once again AAPL is taking the lead in innovating.

Samsung introduced this a while ago. They had a prototype of it in their last tech event. The screen extends to the edge.

However; if apple will extend the display all around so you have a screen on both sides and then you can flip it open to turn it into a mini ipad then we are talking…

Tim Cook needs to have the balls that Steve Jobs had. He introduced the iPhone knowing that it will ultimately cannibalize the iPod market but end up adding more value in the long run…

Similarly he needs to stop worrying about ipad sales erosion and just introduce an iphone that can be flipped open and turned into an ipad

Yeah, I might buy that phone. However, I gotta say. The Ipad killed the iphone for me. Sure nobody calls me anymore, but I’m nearly 30. I dont need friends. I need to be able to read the screen however.

Yeah, I might buy that phone. However, I gotta say. The Ipad killed the iphone for me. Sure nobody calls me anymore, but I’m nearly 30. I dont need friends. I need to be able to read the screen however.

I have an iphone 5 and it a POS for reading. Its a smart phone but I use it mostly for phone calls, texting and playing games. Too small to read on… I have to manually zoom in to make the letters bigger then scroll every 3 secs to read the next sentence etc…

I hope Tim Cook is reading this thread. Man up and do it bro. Trust me… your Apple fanboys will line up to buy it anyway and you will be able to bring back lost business from Samsung

But when would you look at the screen on the edges? You can only look at the face of the phone.

The samsung presentation I saw was to use it like a pager. You get a quick one line update on the edge, so if you reach into your pocket you dont have to take out the entire phone to see what it is.

Seems like an incremental advance at best. Not going to make anybody but fanboys go nuts.

I think Apple is more likely to go for increasingly thin iPhones that are light to hold and nice to look at. So, there will be no room for side screens. But who know.