Value Line Survey

Recently got another recommendation for Value Line Survey, not the first one I have to say. So I am back at their website looking at the equity related products they offer.

I’ve been told Value Line would be superb to rapidly gain insights into a vast area of stocks and that their data is really worth the not-so-small price. On the other hand, disgruntled customers seemed to not be happy with Value Lines development throughout the last couple of years: ‘Lost it’s charm’, ‘outfashioned’… they say. I am looking for a way to get my hands on a broad amount of company data, to extend my portfolio (and investment horizon) beyond the always-covered blue chips and put my investment research on a more solid base. To make up my mind, I would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations concerning Value Line or alternatives. Do people here use Value Line or changed to another provider/service?

Thank you in advance!

Back when I did analysis on stocks for my personal investing, I used Value Line. I liked that they gave their projections on the right hand columns so you could tweak them. I used them in conjunction with Morningstar.