The liquidity timebomb

Interesting view on the curent market developments like the recent German Bund crash.

The liquidity timebomb - monetary policies have created a dangerous paradox; Nouriel Roubini

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jun/01/the-liquidity-timebomb-fiscal-policies-have-created-a-dangerous-paradox

I thought this was a good article. I’m not very involved in the equity market, but I do see evidence of this in UST, esp the long end of the curve.

The thing I look most for in articles like these is an analysis of the mechanics by which the growth in the money supply, in particular excess reserves held by commercial banks, would lead to the expected collapse; unfortunately this article merely sets together money supply growth with the more recent flash crashes and posits a necessary connection between the two. I am not arguing there isn’t a connection, but it would be very valuable to understand the flow of funds on a macro scale that is linking the two. So far I haven’t seen anything like this.