TWTR

Hold or sell after today’s rumors? I say hold.

So they are finally going to sell this piece of crap? Who would buy it?? I guess people are theorizing Google, that makes sense, because Google is stupid.

Hey, I bought on Friday after the NFL streaming reviews. Up 20%…not bad for a week’s holding, but whatever, keep up the indexing enlightened

IMO, there is a way to monetize Twitter more efficiently. They have just had really, really poor business managers. Good tech evangelists, though.

Google could integrate it easily, but I think it will be somebody else.

perhaps google thinks it could jumpstart their dying google+ operation. integrating twitter could allow parts of google+ that are underutilized to see a jump in users. they also have a massive ad business that could entice more advertisers to use twitter. could end up being pretty smart in the long-run. if google doesn’t make a major social media acquisition soon, it is likely google+ will fade away into the shadows.

LOL @ Google+ + Twitter. Take the two biggest losers, and combine them!! yes

Wells Fargo should buyout TWTR and “fix” all negative tweets about the account scam.

Right now every big company uses Twitter as advertising…for free. Revenue opportunity.

Right now Twitter generates massive amounts of useful data and manages it horribly. Revenue opportunity.

There is a freaking hashtag character on AF even. It’s ubiquitous. Twitter can make money for either a tech (CRM, GOOG) or media (DIS) company depending where they want to take it.

Dang, it is fun being able to play my personal acct again, it’s been 8 years, maybe more.

I see a pattern here. LNKD goes to $100 and everyone said it’s a piece of shit. Within months it gets bought out at $190+. TWTR fell to $14 and everyone said it’s a piece of shit that nobody wants. Only a quarter later it’s in serious takeover rumors and trades more than 60% higher. Starting to think what else falls in this junk category with buyout potential (fitbit maybe)

welcome to M&A. the strong eat the weak.

^gopro

Yeah, someone just needs to buy it and FIRE EVERYONE , and actually do something. These idiots take like a decade to redesign a crappy web page.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-04/early-twitter-investor-sacca-says-he-s-been-selling-shares

Nope, not even Google is stupid enough to buy this turd. laugh

Twitter Inc. fell as much as 11 percent in extended trading following a report that Alphabet Inc.’s Google isn’t interested in buying the social-networking service.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-05/twitter-shares-slump-after-report-says-google-won-t-make-a-bid

Google is out of the mix, and it sounds like Salesforce is, too. Maybe, maybe not. But Marc Benioff goes from calling Twitter an unpolished jewel to wishing Jack well with his business.

Well, I was up more yesterday, was thinking about selling but this is in my taxable account and I haven’t even held a month. Potential acquisition didn’t have anything to do with reason for buying (as mentioned above). I’ll continue to hold for now, current 20% gain could become nothing or a loss but that’s the game. Depending on developments I may buy more there. yes

down 18% kids. whos pouring into this bad boy

^ Even though I shouldn’t care, I really like seeing TWTR bleed. smiley

Just glanced at their financial statements, growing negative net income for years, why would it cost $2.5B to run a webpage? Just fire everyone, they clearly aren’t doing anything. And there’s nothing on the balance sheet. Made up company.

Why would anyone want to buy this thing when they can get their service for free pretty much?

Well like the saying goes… The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

It’s so embarrassing, everyone’s like “meh, we’ll pass”, -30% in three days.

I still want to see a Yahoo + Twitter loser marriage, just for fun. They should spin off Google+ into that new entity. yes

Indeed, back around cost, quite a ride. I’ll hold as I can afford a wipeout without problem. Everything over the last month or so has been rumor driven, which I find interesting. The potential acquirers are not fools and are not going to get into a bidding war, even if the do want it. Much like high school dating, if you act disinterested at the right time then your target may chase you.

Things change pretty fast in that scenario and a lot is in flux with this stock.