who is li lu?

came across a new name i never heard before. Thoughts on Li Lu?

never heard of him but his wiki page says he simultaneously received a BA, MBA, & JD in 1996 from Columbia. How does that work?

Only true BSD gets to do that

The AILE Program annually provides up to one or two College students with outstanding records the opportunity to earn the B.A. and the J.D. degree in six years. Selected students matriculate at the Law School after their junior year, having completed the required 93 points including the College Core requirements and a concentration. Interested students must submit an application in the spring of their junior year to the Office of Pre-Professional Advising. The College nominates one or two juniors each year; the final admission determination is made by the Law School Admissions Committee. Transfer students and students with fewer than six semesters of study as Columbia College students on this campus (not abroad) before entering the Law School are not eligible for the program. Prospective participants in this program must take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) no later than the February administration of the year of intended enrollment. After formal admission to the School of Law, the students are withdrawn from the College. In the student’s second and third years at the School of Law, 12 points of course work taken only at the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences must be completed. The courses must be approved beforehand by the student’s preprofessional adviser. AILE candidates are required to apply for the B.A. degree the term before they expect to graduate. Students should inform their dean of their plans to graduate in order to be considered for honors and Phi Beta Kappa. AILE students receive College and Law School degrees at the same time. Once admitted to the Law School, students interested in financial aid and housing should apply through the Law School. For further information, students should contact the Office of Pre-Professional Advising."

Multipass!

BSD

Marriage at Tiananmen Square

“[Students] are now fighting with the courage that defies death for a life that’s worth living. My Slogan is ‘We have to fight, but we have to marry too.’”[3]

A marriage ceremony was held between Li Lu and his girlfriend, Zhao Ming, at the Heroes’ Monument on May 22.[4] It was a symbolic marriage that did not offer wedding sweets and wine, but bread and salt water.

Good pull. That’s all I could think of…

unreal tournament 2k4?

At columbia and handful of other top unis have this program for the truly bright kids.

the last fund i was at was a super-over-achievers-united fund in nyc. even my boss, cfo, had his mba from harvard. an analyst there had this triple bs, jd, mba thing from stanford. one other dude had a dual mba and jd from harvard. the pm was a westpoint grad - in the special forces airborne and mit mba. it is tough to see more resume-decorated folks than this place. I went to a decent school in CA but i felt like i went to a community college compared to these folks. This is the only time i met a back office person with a top10 mba at a fund.

all in all very intense and busy busy place…whenever the trader was out i would take his place and trade…very tedious indeed…PM “buy xxx shares of XXXX” me: “yes sirrrrr…emsx GO, 1 GO and fill it out…”

^ what was their performance record like?

it was okay. nothing special. still mid sized fund looking at their form adv.

speaking of form adv…Li Lu is the president of Himalaya Capital but i don’t think this is setup as an investment adviser. he is more of an investment consultant it seems like…has 7 people at his firm