Sign up  |  Log in

Berkshire - Long Term

give me some reasons not to invest in BRK

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Automate your Excel models with the industry's most accurate financial, market and economic data.

Papa Warren gonna drop any time now. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

Pushing 90 still eating mcmuffins and drinking coke. Dude is a testament to the IIFYM lifestyle. Wonder what his max deadlift is.

Oh no, you don't want to mess with a guy thats riding on a buffalo.

looking at the businesses they own and the mgmt teams behind them i dont think the passing of the ol man will hurt them too much. perhaps it will make them less risk averse?

imo i rather have this than an sp500 etf…

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

I am actually using it as a benchmark as opposite to $SPY. It both has the broad market element (long only) and a doze of active management to compare with. Yet, I am not having a single BRK share in the portfolio.

TSLA stock, bruh. As Buffet says, “diversifying is for people that don’t know what they’re doing”.

Iprofit4sure wrote:

TSLA stock, bruh. As Buffet says, “diversifying is for people that don’t know what they’re doing”.

Chances are you wont make it to the next level :(

I think the nature of the company has to change when Buffet leaves. I mean, people practically worship the guy. The company will have a different and yes, probably more decentralize and risk averse management structure after that. Look at Apple for instance. They are still competent and stock is up, so we can’t say they really got worse. However, they certainly focus on more run of the mill things like apps and data service now, not the next blockbuster product spewed from Steve Jobs anus.

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

zerohedge wrote:

Iprofit4sure wrote:

TSLA stock, bruh. As Buffet says, “diversifying is for people that don’t know what they’re doing”.

Chances are you wont make it to the next level :(

Chances are you aren’t good at picking up on sarcasm :(

Have always been incredibly interested in buying BRK-B but terrified of what happens to the multiple when WB kicks the can or gives it up for health reasons. I assume those risks are priced in somewhat but the uncertainty keeps me away. Would LOVE to hold it now though all those industrials and financials make me drool

'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. And a donut with no hole, is a danish'

Iprofit4sure wrote:

zerohedge wrote:

Iprofit4sure wrote:

TSLA stock, bruh. As Buffet says, “diversifying is for people that don’t know what they’re doing”.

Chances are you wont make it to the next level :(

Chances are you aren’t good at picking up on sarcasm :(

I am allergic from anything that contains T, S, L and A in it :(

here’s a few:

1. buffett dies is prolly the biggest issue. pretty sure a lot of investors will panic even though you guys said that he built a strong culture where it doesnt need him. plus multiple successor claimants may cause strife.

2. from a dcf stand point. its expensive.

3. his cos are typically  pretty cyclical. we are at market highs. so if there is a downturn, his earnings will fall significantly.

4. also keep in mind 20% of rev is in auto insurance co. auto insurance might die 10 yrs from now. self driving cars etc. competition will prolly as more cars become self driving.

5. from a corporate structure as a corporation. nearly 50% is invested in public cos which is inefficient. if you invest in public corps you should really have a partnership structure.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

I am interested in it too. I currently view it as an index fund with leverage that is not accessible to me otherwise. The risk, which worries me, is if Warren dies and they try to change how the businesses work under the umbrella. He is very laid back, but someone could try to create synergies and other nonsense and screw things up. Conglomerates don’t seem to have a great track record in general. 

zerohedge wrote:

Iprofit4sure wrote:

zerohedge wrote:

Iprofit4sure wrote:

TSLA stock, bruh. As Buffet says, “diversifying is for people that don’t know what they’re doing”.

Chances are you wont make it to the next level :(

Chances are you aren’t good at picking up on sarcasm :(

I am allergic from anything that contains T, S, L and A in it :(

On fundamentals? I mean, you aren’t alone. 

“2. from a dcf stand point. its expensive.”

So I am wondering, since I am not a fundamentals person, does BRK trade at a valuation premium to its components? That is, are people willing to hold this stock at a premium to intrinsic value since they believe that Buffett has some secret power? If so, it is possible that the company could be unchanged intrinsically and still the stock will go down, and remain lower without Buffett.

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

what you mean your not a “fundamentals person”…are you some hot shot pleeb who puts all his monies in some low cost sp500 fund?

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

GuyOnABuffalo wrote:

Pushing 90 still eating mcmuffins and drinking coke. Dude is a testament to the IIFYM lifestyle. Wonder what his max deadlift is.

That dude made some serious gains. Financial gains.