Ideas to Start a Company

Hey everyone,

Right now I’m working for a financial company in my country (although I don’t apply much of what I have learned from the CFA Program Curriculum), but I’ve always been fond of entrepreneurship in general. I really enjoy finance in all of its areas (Corporate Finance, Financial Markets, etc.) and I have a great time studying for the CFA exams; I’ve also notice that there isn’t a lot of specialized professionals in finance where I live (“emerging market”). 

I’ve been wondering if I could start my own business in the area of finance, but I guess I wouldn’t even know where to begin. I’ve been browsing randomly on the internet for info on Fintech, boutique investment firms, financial consultants, etc. and trying to take online courses on everything I can get my hands on (I also have a Masters in Finance from a good local Business School). 

My question is: has anyone attempted something similar, that is, start your own business (maybe with the advantage of being in a not-so-competed environment) in the area of finance (be it Fintech, consulting, etc.)? Any advice on this matter or stories you would like to share? 

Automate your Excel models with the industry's most accurate financial, market and economic data.

I started financial consulting for small businesses. It was ok, I just couldn’t keep up with a good pipeline of business. 

My main focus was to map out a business on excel to provide certain financial goals. Many businesses run solely to churn a profit without knowing specific cost and profit centers. 

"It is a rational thesis that we are all within a dream; it will be a mystical sanity to say that we are all awake." - G. K. Chesterton