Is Tech sector overbought?

technology stocks continue to rise. Each year I feel they are over valued yet they continue to be bought into. Most the classic tech giants and major names have shown some volatility during the year but ultimately have made great gains.

What’s your view on tech sector and your hunches for remainder of 2017 and into 2018?

i am bullish. AI, cloud, chip companies that supply cloud, AR, automation, etc

I think as a whole, they are fine. Amazon, Facebook, Google are big deals with true global influence now. Of course, some companies, like TSLA, are probably wildly overvalued.

dude Tesla, I am waiting for that joke to come down little bit more not because I am short or want to invest later but because it is ridiculously overvalued. But at the same time, Amazon was wildly overvalued by every metric out there from around 8 years ago to present.

Most my favorite companies are in tech. Second would be healthcare.

As a sector, i think tech is overvalued and healthcare is undervalued.

fuck amazon. i want them to fail. that said i am looking forward to prime day july 11.

Amazon fail??? no, not gonna happen. Trump wants Amazon to fail lmao

Amazon is taking over the world. Don’t hold your breath nerdy.

I only seeing Amazon go one way, up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2ak_oBeC-I

i bet bezos tells alexa to play this song when he showers, drives to work, and right before his conference call

doesn’t matter what he does or what he wants. He can do whatever the ef he wants to do. He has $85BB…Now it is impressive for companies to carry cash at that level let alone an individual. Truly self made.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWRbTnE1PEM]

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvuJCeV3K0o]

this is good stuff igor.

can you imagine starting your business called Amazon from a garage in Seattle WA?? Fast forward few years and you practically own the world…I mean this guy has $85BB.

He can walk to NYC and look at the Chrysler Building, which is absolutely stunning with 77 stories and say I will buy that for $1.6BB from them Abu Dhabi guys.

Then he can drive to Hudson River and climb onto his 200 foot Lurssen yacht which goes for a chump change of $400MM.

Then he says oh why not, let’s throw a party. Shoot, I don’t have a house of my own. Let’s buy a triplex on 15CPW for $70MM. All cash.

What a day. I spent little over $2BB today which is 2.3% of my money but wait my Amazon stock went up by 2% today? ok…breakeven. Let’s invite 100 of the best looking models and have a wild party.

But Jeff is not the typical ego maniac New Yorker with $20MM bank account who behaves like he owns the world. So instead, Jeff treads quietly and unnoticed with his family in a dime a dozen Suburban limo.

nope. but i can imagine building a company called cadaver.

I just really start to wonder what these billionaires did that is so good to deserve this much money and power. With these come very very wide choice of women and men and everything in the world you and I can and cannot imagine. I mean some of these billionaires must have been the savior of a nation in another dimension…Just take a look at Snap founders - multi billionaire by mid 20s.

a lot of it is luck as im finding out while reading fooled by randomness- thanks DOW

great book.

i mean, i think bezos and gates are separate from some fleeting unicorn billionaire chumps. gates went all in on major changes in how we communicate and work. bezos went all in on how we buy things, which is a big part of our lives when we’re not at a computer doing word processing type activities. i think their wealth relative to app chumps is reflective of their contribution to the world. if they give it all back while they live or after they die, they’re awesome people. bezos and gates have done far more for the world than any world leader in history. how does oppressing/monetizing some other nation or the gut reaction of protecting your borders really contribute to the world. it’s just coins changing hands and often people dying for no reason. bezos and gates are allocating resources to maximum efficiency.

Few years ago I read a really descriptive diagram on donations by Gates Family by Bloomberg. He donated $28BB to date and directly and indirectly saved more than 122 million people!!! He is a Saint. I remember reading the Times back in 2011(?) on my train ride from midtown after work. I don’t remember the details but the article talked about a world renowned charity that fights children and women’s hunger and medical attention was short on funds and that they were halting aids in Africa which will affect millions of children and women in that continent. The reason was that due to the financial crisis they’re cash was short by $300mm - loss on investments and decrease from donations. Bill Gates donated 300mm to that foundation and others in Africa basically saying that money comes and goes and a financial crisis is no time to turn our backs to the people in need. That we should never ignore.