crto - down 27%. just scooped 10k. thots?

it was either this or a rolex. lol

I’ve always wondered what the economics of retargeting are. I’ve seen plenty of retargeted ads and I don’t think it’s ever worked on me, although obviously there’s no way to be sure of that as even if it doesn’t get you to click on the ad and buy the product it is another impression. On the other hand, I’ve been retargeted for products which I have zero interest in actually buying, I just searched for them for research or some other purpose, so those have definitely been a waste of money.

i agree. maybe i don’t consume as much as others but being retargeted after buying something or visiting a website (and most likely buying something) is idiotic in my mind. if i just bought it, why would i want to buy another one 10 minutes later? for the initial purchase, i probably cost the seller $50 in ad costs from accidental clickthroughs over time. there is no way that retargeting is anywhere near as useful as email campaigns. if i sign up to be on your email list, or have been coerced to join your email list for whatever reason, i’ll actually look at the email, albeit briefly in most cases. that is free to the advertiser and i’m captive.

why are their operating margins so low with low returns on capital?

seems strange for an internet company. growth does seem nice

Stainless? What model?

lol big move today. 30% gain for me. still holding. when it tanked it was cuz apple was like we going to block ads adn crto was saying they cant find a workaround. so it sold below ipo price. and because 20% of rev was from apple. (i think)

lprofit- i was going to get that submariner.

igor - margins are low cuz they are really like a middle man. they pay a huge chunk for their ads to appear.

Criteo’s business is dependent on being able to buy lots of ad space across the Web at one price and sell it to advertisers at a higher price after targeting the ads to individual consumers and as long as that leads to sales on advertisers’ sites. Criteo was among the first firms to employ “retargeting” techniques so that a person who looked at a shirt on a clothing retailer’s site, for instance, will later see ads for that shirt on other sites.

mla and king - anyways they have a 90% reorder rate from 14000 busisnese. so they are extremely succesful. with that said for most of us, since we do a lot of research, its prolly a waste since we google a lot for work. so most of the shit they show us isnt necsarilly a product we were legitimately interested in.

my youngest sister was in charge of email blasts for this bikini fashion site. to this day i still click the pictures. so their efficacy is remarkable. lol

I’d be long at all prices above $22.94 on this stock. Looks like it’s a buy right now.