Lithium

I’m so happy 'cause today I’ve found my friends, They’re in my head I’m so ugly, that’s okay, 'cause so are you, Broke our mirrors Sunday morning is everyday for all I care, And I’m not scared Light my candles in a daze 'Cause I’ve found god

Any investors in lithium here? I don’t normally consider commodities since I experienced my first major professional investing mistake…natural gas related company in '09. However, I’ve been watching lithium for a while as a long term hold due to the secular tailwinds behind it. Anybody follow the area or have any insight? Anybody currently invested and what has your experience been? TIA.

Annual global electric vehicle sales are forecast to hit 24.4 million by 2030

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-lithium-battery-future/

i’m thinking we may be approaching the point where development companies start playing catch-up with the current producers. SQM and ALB have gone nuts in the past 2 years but the developers have done little. i think that’s where the value is but i have little experience analyzing lithium deposits so i have not suggestions. naturally, the largest market cap company usually has one of the better deposits as a higher market cap usually represents more capex and a better defined resource so i’d start at the top and make your way down. a lot of them are undercapitalized though so any Li stocks that have a big market cap and are up over the past year or two, but no cash will likely raise a crap ton of capital at a discount some time in the near future. not many producers are buying developers yet.

i can’t even find a reliable price chart for lithium prices. do you have a link? this is one of the main reasons i ignored the sector a couple of years back. there’s no specific information to base your investment case on other than broad trends.

All your information about future demand has likely been priced into forward market. If there is some reason why you think demand will be higher than consensus, then you could trade based on that.

As far as I know lithium does not have futures contracts or swaps and the commodity is not exchange traded.

is this the type of battery that keeps going and going?

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4134284-lithium-junior-miner-news-month-december-2017