Sign up  |  Log in

Anyone with FX experience?

Nerdyblop wrote:

3 percent is good for a month. A cagr is 43 percent per year. The key is if you can keep it up.

Eh seems well within the realm of luck. Here’s a quick test: could you lose money on purpose trading FX CEO10k? (of course ex-trading fees)

Hey Hamilton, have a holly jolly Christmas.

Automate your Excel models with the industry's most accurate financial, market and economic data.

IsThereAny wrote:

Nerdyblop wrote:

3 percent is good for a month. A cagr is 43 percent per year. The key is if you can keep it up.

Eh seems well within the realm of luck. Here’s a quick test: could you lose money on purpose trading FX CEO10k? (of course ex-trading fees)

Ah! Thats a great exercise!

"But I don't think of you"..... Howard Roark

KMeriwetherD wrote:

IsThereAny wrote:

Nerdyblop wrote:

3 percent is good for a month. A cagr is 43 percent per year. The key is if you can keep it up.

Eh seems well within the realm of luck. Here’s a quick test: could you lose money on purpose trading FX CEO10k? (of course ex-trading fees)

Ah! Thats a great exercise!

Would it be possible that it’s maybe just a little bit of skill though? Because you can find horror stories where this market beats the living sht out of people time and time again. So, at least I’m positive. 

Message me about the number 1 best wine club in NYC.

IsThereAny wrote:

Nerdyblop wrote:

3 percent is good for a month. A cagr is 43 percent per year. The key is if you can keep it up.

Eh seems well within the realm of luck. Here’s a quick test: could you lose money on purpose trading FX CEO10k? (of course ex-trading fees)

Sure, just do what he’s doing but backwards.

Sweep the Leg wrote:

Sure, just do what he’s doing but backwards.

Put a taco in it already would’ya?

Message me about the number 1 best wine club in NYC.

It’s definitely possible but most likely improbable! I believe 90 percent of retail traders lose money!

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Nerdyblop wrote:

It’s definitely possible but most likely improbable! I believe 90 percent of retail traders lose money!

Well, I am beating the statistics. After exactly one month of trading my account is now up 20.292%. I’ll be taking my money and running at this point though - I have a car to buy and need the cash. 

But I hope to return. Also, I can post the transaction history if anyone would like. But, I turned $500.00 into $601.46 as of a few minutes ago. Maybe it’s luck. But if 90% of traders end up losing money, I have objectively beaten the odds - which opens up for considerable discussion I may be able to do this successfully over the long run. 

edit: After a $20.00 withdrawal fee I only get to keep $581.46. That’s a bunch of bologna. I’ve just been horse fkked by a withdrawal fee. Jesus. 

Message me about the number 1 best wine club in NYC.

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Nerdyblop wrote:

It’s definitely possible but most likely improbable! I believe 90 percent of retail traders lose money!

Well, I am beating the statistics. After exactly one month of trading my account is now up 20.292%. I’ll be taking my money and running at this point though - I have a car to buy and need the cash. 

But I hope to return. Also, I can post the transaction history if anyone would like. But, I turned $500.00 into $601.46 as of a few minutes ago. Maybe it’s luck. But if 90% of traders end up losing money, I have objectively beaten the odds - which opens up for considerable discussion I may be able to do this successfully over the long run. 

edit: After a $20.00 withdrawal fee I only get to keep $581.46. That’s a bunch of bologna. I’ve just been horse fkked by a withdrawal fee. Jesus. 

So you went from up 3% over a month of trading to up 20% over a month +5 days? Yes my friend, that’s luck. Don’t be fooled by randomness.

Hey Hamilton, have a holly jolly Christmas.

IsThereAny wrote:

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Nerdyblop wrote:

It’s definitely possible but most likely improbable! I believe 90 percent of retail traders lose money!

Well, I am beating the statistics. After exactly one month of trading my account is now up 20.292%. I’ll be taking my money and running at this point though - I have a car to buy and need the cash. 

But I hope to return. Also, I can post the transaction history if anyone would like. But, I turned $500.00 into $601.46 as of a few minutes ago. Maybe it’s luck. But if 90% of traders end up losing money, I have objectively beaten the odds - which opens up for considerable discussion I may be able to do this successfully over the long run. 

edit: After a $20.00 withdrawal fee I only get to keep $581.46. That’s a bunch of bologna. I’ve just been horse fkked by a withdrawal fee. Jesus. 

So you went from up 3% over a month of trading to up 20% over a month +5 days? Yes my friend, that’s luck. Don’t be fooled by randomness.

Haha, I know. I am whole heartedly agreeing with you. I just want to look cool for once in front of you guys. 

Message me about the number 1 best wine club in NYC.

I just know that the same algo I have to trade equities with works well with currencies, so, it’s very important how to trade for beginners in India main demo account, because is difficult to trade in forex market

I am studying binary fx because I wish to be trader professional

Have you seen any currency hedge fund make money over time?  I haven’t, they make big money then they lose big money.  Only the banks make money consistently.  Having said that, FX is super interesting and tempting, I can totally understand why you want to dip your toes in there.

I know a guy who consistently makes money in FX as a day trader… know how? Martingale.  He trades super small size compared to his account and just adds when the market moves against him.  Yea… he is consistently profitable…. but he devotes 50 hours a week to it and makes the “risk free” rate of return on capital.  frownWoohooo

Lol…observing him is what made me finally quit trading.

"But I don't think of you"..... Howard Roark

it’s like playing roulette. you just keep betting black. and double your bet everytime you lose!

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Nerdyblop wrote:

it’s like playing roulette. you just keep betting black. and double your bet everytime you lose!

I have a buddy that’s doing a variation of this strategy with football. He’s actually starting this week. He’s a super smart dude and manages a ton of money, but he can’t seem to wrap his head around having to double his bet every time he loses. I even sent him a spreadsheet detailing when he’ll have to take out a second mortgage just to be able to place a bet to make it back to even. Granted, it would be seven losses in a row, but weirder things have happened.

Sorry everyone, the “CEO $10K a day forex fund” is not accepting new investors at this time. But please do check back in the future!

Message me about the number 1 best wine club in NYC.

lol stl i can picture it.

im going to bet 1k on black. lose (execute order 66)

2k on black. lose. (no sweat)

4k on black please. lose. (the bigger the bill baby!!)

8k on black plase. lose. (no chance it’ll happen again)

16k black sir…. lose (****kkk)

32k black god. sir the limit is at 20k. allright then 20k on black. lose (Never again!)

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Had a former colleague show me this Forex trading app that he claimed was running off an algo. Looked like he had some profits but mathematically fx rates and movements follow a stochastic differential process, ie it’s spray and pray, gambling whatever you want to call it…at least in the short term anyway

There are some papers out there that suggest over the longer term, think 3-5 years, FX rates can be predicted. Although these should probably be approached with cautious optimism. Could you stay solvent that long though while continuously trading is the bigger question? ;)

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Sorry everyone, the “CEO $10K a day forex fund” is not accepting new investors at this time. But please do check back in the future!

CEO - how did this workout?  I saw you had 3% after a month (solid). Did the good times continue?

I’ve been playing with EA’s in MT4 for months now and it is so much harder than I had thought when programming it in excel previously. Spread really does kill.