Looking for a Partner

Hey, I’m seeking a partner with experience in quantitative-finance and investment strategies for my venture that I’ve been developing solely and with help from contractors on upwork.com.

The central objective of the venture is establishing a market which trades a fairly unique security/guarantee of which our role is a market maker. 4 key parties will be directly involved in the propagation of the market: market maker (us), traders, corporate customers (e.g. retailers) and customers (individual entities). Some statistical/equilibrium analysis has already been performed (with an upwork quant analyst) on the fundamental behavior of the proposed market and its feasibility for us (the market maker); changes were made to the financial model. Continued analysis and interpretation will be vital, especially during the launch phase. The trading platform is entirely electronic and most (if not all) trades will be executed electronically. The trading platform is in the processes of being coded, however, I’ve already written the core algorithm. It is a programmable decision maker and is being developed on Django with the numpy extension for processing tabulated/arrayed data chunks. Thus, it would be advantageous if you are familiar with python (numpy) or matlab. The crude governing profit equation, modified from a simple interest formula is:

Profit = P*r - cx where: P is the principal balance at the beginning of period and is accrued from traders r is the interest growth rate during that period cx is an expense that is INTEGRAL to the venture and is dependent on variable which we can manipulate directly, but which must be made known to traders (we’re looking at 1/4 annual periods)​

Clearly we aim to maximize r and P and minimize cx. I’ve already made headway with a prospective corporate client on a subsidiary concept whose function minimizes cx. Some of the foreseeable responsibilities include:

• Continued equilibrium analysis and forecasting of system profitability and stability
  • Creating comprehensive derivatives from system platform
  • Proposing and/or evaluating proposed strategies that minimize cx
  • Identifying appropriate investment fund strategies to maximize roi (maximize r in equation above)
  • Attending investor presentations and pitches

A beta launch is planned for the beginning of September contingent on platform development completion, etc. I currently reside in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, however, I have close friends in San Francisco and family members in New Jersey and Boston should travel be required. The beta will be launching in Canada as the technological infrastructure is more favorable and widespread. If anyone is interested, please private message me, however, I must insist on signed non-disclosure agreement before divulging key information about the system. I’m willing to part with 15% ownership for 1 partner or 30% ownership for 2 partners. Thanks P.S. I am looking for a partner with quantitative/investment expertise because it’s a field in which I lack the requisite competence. Additionally, as I’ve gleaned from my initial funding campaign, venture capitalist and angel-investors are very hesitant to invest in startups with individual founders.

alberta? lmao

So you want someone with quant finance experience but you have the skill set to build out and code an algorithm? What is your industry background? The assumptions of the algorithm would require some requisite industry knowledge I would imagine…did the contractors you hired help you with that aspect of development?

seeking for a business partner in an anonymous online forum known to rival wallstreetoasis and Daly Stormer in terms of professionalism and socio economic views, respectively? pretty wild…wow

to each his own i guess

I’m interested. Please wire me 5000 as a sign of good faith. Need to use western union as the pedophile cabal is watching

aren’t we all?

If you are a heavyset blonde, you should call CvM. He won’t pay you much, but you can recover by stealing his wallet afterwards.

Image result for i get that reference gif

This belong in the hook-up forum.

Sir, feedback belongs in the feedback forum. Tank

pretty much everybody on AF falls into one of four categories:

• stock trader/analyst

• advisor/tax

• indian IT

• purealpha

not sure you’re going to find what you’re looking for here. i can provide a non-quantitative trader’s pov of various canadian marketplaces. for quant expertise, you might want to go contact dudes on linkedin that have the job quant analyst or quant programmer.