Forecasting Portfolio Value

I built a little excel sheet to keep track of my investments/savings. I am struggling to incorporate the forecasted interest to my lump sum plus monthly contribution. Anyone done something similar?

contribution for the year + last year net worth(1+growth rate)

i keep 2 sheets.

1. is a balance sheet. asset debt etc and its location.projected percentage gain or interest cost for each line item. calculates current net worth.

2. is a strategy sheet. keeps track of historical info and projects net worth in future depending on assumed growth rate per year. wage info. investment gain info. total income. % of investment gain as total income. wage growth. inv growth. $ increase in net worth. top 10% net worth for the year in us and projections at inflation. brief description of major things that happened in year.

I forecast a billion dollar portfolio.

Time horizon: Someday.

I did have a spreadsheet with everything in it. forecasts, budgets, goals. Then i blew all my money on strippers and coke… now i’m back to square one… Just hoping for a big paycheck on day.

Chad sold me a 2% stake in AF for $52 million. What a steal, the investor slides blew me away. He told me other investors were George Clooney, Kevin Bacon and Lebron and it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Nerdyblop can I send you my spreadsheet?

i dont really want to open random spreadsheets online. but jsut have it look like this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/track-net-worth-spreadsheet-financial-planner-2017-8

you can autopopulate the projections below it and update with real info as you go along.

is 401k and baseball card collection in net worth?

Yes, but not home equity.