Can someone explain to me the difference in Q2 EPS data for 3D Systems (DDD)

Hello,

I have been researching the company DDD and I have encountered a difference with the EPS data. Some websites and my broker say the company eraned 0.06 EPS for the quarter.

But Morningstar and the SEC Fillings show -0.08 diluted EPS.

What might be the difference? I didnt find any 0.06 in the las 10Q

https://es.3dsystems.com/sites/default/files/2018-08/DDD%202018-06-30%20Form%2010-Q.pdf

After making then subsequently losing a ton of money on DDD, I refuse to look at their filings.

GAAP EPS = -$0.08

Adjusted EPS = $0.06

EPS Adjustments:

1. For the quarter ended June 30, 2018, the adjustment included $0.1 in COGS and $14.4 in SG&A.

2. For the quarter ended June 30, 2018, the adjustment included ($0.4) in SG&A.

3. For the quarter ended June 30, 2018, the adjustment included $0.2 in COGS, $0.7 in SG&A and $0.1 in R&D

Wow. I haven’t looked at this name since 2011. What in the heck happened?!?! Has traded like a dot-com stock.

I got in four 3D printing stocks about 2/3rds of the way up the rally back in the day. One of them still paid me out pretty well, a Swedish company I forget the ticker of. The other three crashed and burned. Between the four I think I lost about 30% of my initial position.

Thank god I’m not making the same mistake twice with my bundle of marijuana stocks.

Thanks.

And do you know why so many sites are siting the adjusted and not de GAAP EPS?

Because people like non-GAAP measures since they look better

this is funny. stl convinces people to go active then manages to lose his money in active strategies