Personal Net Worth Calculation

brahs, I think you current net worth calculation should include the net present value of future earnings potential based on your career trajectory up to date, outlook for your industry, etc. I wouldn’t go overboard by running simulations or contingent scenarios - just a static actuarial model calibrated to current economic data would do.

Automate your Excel models with the industry's most accurate financial, market and economic data.

My preferred method is to count the value of my parents’ rental properties, and then add the value of my BMW 7 Series based on AutoTrader quotes. When making future projections, don’t forget to subtract $2k/month carry for golddigger gf and clubbing costs for bottle service with the ****boy entourage. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

for realz tho, gotta add $750 back into that $2k for tax savings, ninja..

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

dang brosefs. you guys are totes forgetting about the intangible assets like experiences and such and such. a trip to vegas is easily seen as a negative but it is potentially worth 100k if say you meet a new rich friend.

lol but in all seriousness, life is like a game. and your net worth is like your score. we are not art people. we are finance people hence we should really look at this in a linear status obsessed dick measuring way!

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

bros, what ratio do i use to include my Xbox achievement points in my net worth? also, monthly volatility in my toejam collection is bothering me! should i stick to using cost basis to track toejam accumulation or should i just learn to deal with the volatility that toejam growth brings? fml.

NPV took a big hit last year on parent loan impairment T.T

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

No problem, just borrow $50k from your 401k and recognize a positive asset balance. Don’t know about you, but I assume 30% return on loans I make to my mom, and then record the future value on my personal balance sheet. 

- Everyone

ohai we all know you just put all your money in levered etfs. why lie?

Black Swan wrote:

NPV took a big hit last year on parent loan impairment T.T

how big was teh loan/gift? make sure to give cash and not depreciated ge stock. save the tax loss for yourself, ish big money.

how do yall account for purchase of jewelry from family?

do you hold it at cost and book goodwill or mark to market?

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Matt Likes Analysis wrote:

bros, what ratio do i use to include my Xbox achievement points in my net worth? also, monthly volatility in my toejam collection is bothering me! should i stick to using cost basis to track toejam accumulation or should i just learn to deal with the volatility that toejam growth brings? fml.

You’re trying too hard, bro

If you're the first out the door, that's not called panicking

GE only down ~10% on cost basis!

Guys, real talk here.  Most of my NPV is tied up in my two children investments which I’m holding on book at $10M each, should I diversify?

lol im sure ur only down 10%.

Nerdyblop wrote:

lol im sure ur only down 10%.

I mean, I don’t really know what to tell you, that’s what it is.

lol i dont really know what to tell you either. best of luck.

You don’t have to diversify from investing in your children if your children are themselves sufficiently diverse. Have one self identify as a 2% Native American transgender antelope and have the other one just physically threaten Jewish women who plan to participate in the next NYC Women’s March. 

- Everyone

Haha this thread got funny real fast