Which US sectors look promising to you and why?

If you like, please list your top 3 sectors you would invest in right now for 3-5 year time horizon.

Would be grateful to know more about what interests you about your 3 sectors and what opportunity it has for investors.

I am interested to see which sectors people are betting on for the medium to long term.

on indiv stocks im invested in a lot of

tech, best growth, high roi, monopolistic profits

some consumer cyclicals, good growth, cheap value, volatile

and a little finance! they do well when everyone does well!

5yr imo is short, a typical short term cycle is about 7 yrs. im in it for the long haul, multi cycles. when they fall. i shall buy!

Community banks. There are a ton of them, a lot of them are thinly traded, and randomly some of them to on sale for bargains. Large and complete datasets on the industry combined with competition from retail investors. Sign me up any day

Other than that levered sp500

Opposite of whatever Nery says now and in the future.

My top 3 sectors for the 3-5 year horizon:

1. Marijuana

2. Marijuana

3. Marijuana

4. Marijuana

yohainess how are you allocated? and is this long term? or does it change wherever the wind blows?

sucker, that ish dont work

#4xoryouainttrying

water

land

game of thrones

Long MSCI World, MSCI Emerging and EU and US Small Cap indexes. Just trying to get the market return.

If I’d have to choose specific sectors, I’d probably go with robotics/high-tech, health-care, green energy and aerospace/defense.

REITS - price negatively correlated with interest rate moves, monthly income stream, tax advantaged since it’s now a Section 199A invesetment

Consumer staples / luxury - I jumbled this into one as a result of rising inequality in the US. Here you have folks buying the daily necessities and another segment of the population buying designer and luxury goods

Airlines & lodging - travel has and will continue to be the “in” thing for the millenial demographic. Smaller, more fuel efficient planes are now being used to cover longer routes

Be wary, all US sectors pumped up with MMT.

PA?

No thanks, get lost pervert!

on reits. i know that guy in the big short (michael burry of scion capital) owns a lot of reits that are deep value. some have really low p/b but are losing a lot of money. he also owns a ton of tech. i am guessing he is betting that inflation will ramp. which is beneficial for these reits and cos with secular growth.

consumer staples. imo is pretty overvalued. they just arent growing anymore and yet they trade at ridiculous multiples similar to tech. at this point id look at them as bonds. the only way theyd look attractive again is if they fall in value or actually grow which imo is very unlikely. hwo the cos are spendign money is through sahre buybacks which is a pretty shitty way to spend money when you arent really growing!

airlines and lodging id avoid. if markets tank, these cos take a huge hit in terms of profitability. couple that with their high leverage and its a recipe for disaster. airlines are prolly more cyclical and have historically gone bust and had to merge in order to survive!

lol yup

what is PAs avatar???

Not sure who it is, but they look like they’d be a bad driver.