One step closer towards staging a coup d'etat

Since starting at my PE firm, several months ago, I have been trying to conjure up ways to get more exposure to the more senior management. I have been unsuccessful. I have learned so much. Most things I thought I knew about PE really had no basis. So it has taken me some time to come up with a strategy to become indispensable and elbow my way to the top. I think I may have figured out a way to add value to myself and get a lot more exposure.

Currently our biggest project on the table is taking a company we own a large equity stake in through its IPO. This will be a significant IPO for my firm. We plan to file for S-1 this fall. That’s the plan, but I don’t think it will happen. The auditors don’t seem to think so either, and I don’t think the board wants to lose the significant associated fees. We will see I guess. Due to this project I have been working very closely with the CFO of the company, and at every board meeting he gets one step closer to losing his hair; literally the meetings are making him go bald.

PE firms care about one thing: The number of IPOs under their belt. They don’t particularly care about learning the business model of said investment. The company’s industry is especially complex due to the inherent volatility in its business model; no way around it. It makes some sense. With ownership stakes in ten various industries, it’s very time consuming and well, impossible to really get down and know the business model on a granular level.

So I was thinking about publishing a monthly newsletter which is sent out to all board members and company management. Perhaps calling it a newsletter is a mistake. It would be a one to two page PDF which highlights the months, for a lack of a better word, highlights pertaining to the industry.

I think this is a good idea. Any thoughts?

*Note, I edited out specific content for you MiserableLawStudent, hope you don’t mind. -BS

I just don’t see what you would get out of this…plus how do you have the time?

Go for it if your senior / manager is on board. But don’t circumvent without clearance.

Also, you should avoid being so specific about the inner working of your firm on a public forum.

That is actually very good advice. I get excited easily. Thanks.

You crazy man…

sounds like mental monkey spanking to me, but who am I?