Gardening

Anyone have any fruit, vegetable, spice, etc plants?

I have:

Moro Blood Orange Tree (should produce next spring)

Kaffir lime tree

Meyer Lemon tree

Neighbor’s Plum tree hangs over fence

Hot cherry peppers, Jalapeno, banana peppers, bell peppers

San Marzano tomatoes, Italian sweet basil, purple basil

raspberries, blackberries, blueberries

Naval orange (should produce in a few years)

i would never garden…

I just don’t have the patience or time for gardening. I bought my current house 3 years ago and it has a huge garden and stuff grows really quickly here. To be honest, I just want to cover it all in concrete so I don’t have to spend time taking care of it. My chainsaw is my favourite gardening tool.

I think the next house I buy I’ll make sure to just get a big lawn and maybe a few fruit trees or something. My kids will be of an age when they can maybe start caring for stuff so I might get a veggie patch to teach them to “live off the land”. I think this is the only way I could get into gardening.

been trying to grow my lemon tree. It’s tough to get them to produce in the NE

I’m going to attempt apples, lemons, oranges, grapefruit, and yellow/orange bell peppers this year. I was tempted to plant today. It was 76 degrees … but should probably wait until Feb or Mar…

I love it. I plant herbs and vegetables every year, and I have a couple Stella Cherry trees.

Not sure if apples and oranges is a 1 year project.

right you are

but have to plant the seeds sometime

Do apples and oranges grow in the same climates? Oranges are very definitely a warm weather fruit. Aren’t apples a cold weather fruit? When I think apples I think Washington state.

I think there are some kinds of apples that grow in warm places. They might still need a cold winter though (even if not freezing).

I grow chilies, by wife grows tomatoes, and we both grow herbs.

Our typical garden would be:

• Rosemary
  • Basil
  • Thai basil
  • Parsley
  • Oregano
  • Thyme
  • Cayennes
  • Serranos
  • Habaneros
  • Thai chilies
  • Tabascos
  • Maybe bhut jolokias or Carolina Reapers
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Mr. Stripey tomatoes
  • Early Girl tomatoes

At the moment we also have a lemon tree, an orange tree, a grapefruit tree, a peach tree, and blackberries. Our plum tree died, and we ripped out the apricot tree (as it produced very little fruit), and our strawberry guava tree died.