Bloomberg anywhere vs terminal

Are these the same? I’ve always wanted to dick around with terminal, and we have a subscription at work but they’re on another floor so I’ve never bothered. I noticed there’s a bloomberg anywhere app on ipad though, would I be able to take the company subscription to terminal and use that on this app? Just curious more than anything. While most people used terminal in their undergrads I only had exposure to thompson 1, which I don’t have strong feelings for either way.

I don’t know about the Ipad app, but on PC it’s the same.

I think the BB anywhere logs out the terminal though, so if someone is using it, then you might have a problem. You’ll need an RSA key as well.

I see… our treasury guys tend to work ridiculous hours so I doubt they’d like me kicking them off. Ah well, mostly just a curiousity.

It’s worth asking though. Different companies have different licence agreements setup with Bloomberg so what I said might not apply, you never know.

All I know is that licences are expensive and Bloomberg do everything they can to make sure you pay for everything you use (i.e. 1 licence = 1 user at a time).

Highly unlikely that you can use the Bloomberg subscription at your work on your iPad. Bloomberg Anywhere requires you to scan your fingerprint into some device (haven’t used this for iPad though - maybe someone can verify). So unless you have an individual Bloomberg account, you most likely cannot use Bloomberg Anywhere.

^ You need the b-unit to log in to Bloomberg anywhere on iPad/iPhone. This requires a Bloomberg anywhere account, so you wouldn’t be able to use the Bloomberg terminal license(s) from your company.

We had BB Anywhere briefly at my office and he had a portable thumb scanner. It’s been a couple of years since we dropped it though, so they might not use that anymore.

My group uses a shared Bloomberg terminal and we aren’t able to use Bloomberg anywhere. I think you can only use it if you have a BB at your desk (ie. only one person on the license).

Bloomberg Anywhere is actually a different user package (aka more expensive) than a shared terminal and is linked to one person’s login. You have access to various apps on apple, blackberry, etc that allow to access a modified version of the system. You can also access the full version outside the office but would require a b-unit (fingerprint scanner).

Bloomberg Anywhere and Bloomberg Terminal are the exact same price. Bloomberg Anywhere is tied to the user - you can log into Bloomberg on any computer you use but you’ll need to verify yourself via fingerprint scan on a BB keyboard or b-unit. Bloomberg Terminal is tied to a computer and cannot be moved but multiple people can share the same license. Both only allow 1 instance of Bloomberg open at a given time.