Coffee intake?

I find myself drinking inordinate amounts of coffee on a daily basis. I usually get 4-5 hours of sleep so in order to maintain BSD (in my case that b stands for baby tho) levels i need the boost of energy. What’s worse is now, i have become dependent on the motion (similar to smokers with their reliance on the motion of bringing their fingers to their mouths). Anyone here able to come off the coffee addiction?

I was an 8 - 10 cups per day coffee drinker about 10 years ago and quit cold turkey. After a couple of weeks of Excedrine for the headaches, it really wasn’t difficult. I went a couple of years without a single cup, never really wanting one, and then a friend convinced me to take a sip of his vanilla latte from Starbucks and I’ve been a coffee drinker again ever since. I only have 3 or 4 cups per day now though and almost never after 3:00. I’m fairly certain I could quit again, but I drink it mostly to provide a reason to take a break and figure 3-4 cups isn’t bad.

I’ve never really viewed coffee as an addiction as there’s no real evidence that it’s bad for you or anything like that (I drink it black, so there’s not really any sugar/calories/etc). But I do drink a lot of it, even though I don’t think it does anything to help me fight fatigue (more just a hot drink to keep me moving).

If I get up to study before work, I’ll have 2-3 cups then.

I’ll almost always get a large coffee from the shop on the main floor of my tower when I get there.

I’ll have 2-3 more cups from the machine before lunch.

I’ll have 1-2 in the afternoon, more if it was a heavy lunch or whatever.

I’m in a 3 hour seminar on thursdays after work, so I’ll get a large from the mcdonalds there.

Weekends I’ll make a full pot each day and chip away at that.

I was also a heavy coffee/caffeine abuser for many years. If it wasn’t coffee, it was coke or mountain dew. Three or four cups in the morning, a couple of cans of soda near lunch time, and another 1-2 cups of coffee in the afternoon. I quit about a year ago and am caffeine free. As higgmond said, the headaches are pretty bad for a week or two. I’ll still head out of the office with coworkers to the coffee shop but will order decaf.

Spun & higgmond - do you feel any gain from life without caffine? I couldn’t fathom waking up in the morning without a cup

did the OP just admit he has a baby d*ck?

3-4 cups of coffee per day is usually seen as being safe. If you do not have digestive problems, there is no reason why someone should not take coffee if he or she likes it. As a matter of fact, there are more pros than cons when it comes to driking coffee. I have a weak stomach, so I limit myself to 1 cup in the morning, sometimes I go for two when I get back from work in the evening. Luckily it does not keep me awake at night, this might change as I get older though. Despite the fact that I am not a heavy coffee drinker, I can still feel the headache if I do not take any coffee in the morning.

I drink coffee in the morning, then switch to tea after noon or lunch. Although tea reportedly has more cafeine than coffee, it seems that tea also has per stuff in it that helps calm you, plus more antioxidants.

Yah homie - in reference to employment tho (kind of an alternative method of describing that i’m overworked/underpaid ect)

coffee early in the morning has similar effect on my system as the power of oneness from CvM’s thread, so I consider a cup of home-made cappuccino or macchiato before going to work very beneficial. at work I switch to teas like bchad

I replaced coffee with green tea on weekdays.

Not really.

Coffee definitely improves quality of life. However, I worry about the long term effects of drinking multiple cups a day…

^ I don’t worry about the long term effects of the coffee, but I am a bit concerned about the 2 Splenda that I throw in each. Prior to quitting many years ago, I drank it black and bitter. Because I fell off the wagon thanks to uber-sweet vanilla lattes, I haven’t been able to kick the sweetener.

Splenda is bad. Artificial sweeteners actually force you to raise insulin levels as your body thinks its sugar.

Y’all need to clean your filthy colons! Someone bump ‘Power of Oneness.’

I went to a coffee shop yesterday, and they served Splenda in a sugar can instead of the little yellow packets. I think this was the first time that I saw a shop do this. I wonder what happens if you just eat a spoonful of that stuff. It’s supposedly 10x as sweet as sugar, so not sure if you will go into sensory shock or what.

Red Bull>>Coffee. I drank a four-pack last Friday because I had to stay up to leave to Vermont at 4am. I was accomplishing all kinds of shit.

Try honey or agave?