"Administrative Professionals" Day

Apparently, that is today. Didn’t we use to call them Administrative “Assistants”?

We should start using the term “Lieutenants.” Sounds strong. Sounds French. People like strong and French.

Can something ever be both strong and French? Seems like the two are mutually exclusive.

We’re about 1 political correctness evolution away from calling them “Administration Executives”

Chief Administrative Officer

In lieu of tenants, we now have lieutenants…

Some of those tenants are left tenants, though…

nice

I actually used to work with someone who held this title - you wouldn’t believe how much he loved administrative stuff, truly incredible. Actually made a nice career out of it for himself, just takes a certain type of personality I guess.

I thought we used to call them secretaries.

^This

Oddly, some of the highest positions in the country hold the title “Secretary” (of Defense, of State, et al.), but now some of the most lowly of sh!tsweeper positions have this nonsense titling of Administrative Professional which overstates what these Lennies do, which is to make sure that my lunch arrives warm and that conference rooms are booked correctly, and even then they can’t get that right. I remember when the word “Professional” was reserved for a position which was improved by practice, as opposed to a regular trade or a craft, to the degree where the professional was seen as slowly advancing the ultimate interests of humanity (medicine, law, some portions of investments). Now every douche wants to use that term. I’m going to barf if I hear someone else tell me about an “IT Professional” or a “Marketing Professional.”

IT Professional. Go clean your keyboard.

Eh, these guys do bitch work all day for people who make 5x as much as them (and they know it). Might as well throw them a bone.

lol, fair point. I email my team admin with the most pointless work, like to process my expenses, book conference rooms, etc. It all gives me more time to spend on AF during the day.

Lol. Done. I didn’t need that lunch anyhow…