Continuing Education Attestation

While renewing my membership, CFAI is now making me confirm or deny that I’ve completed 20 hours of continuing education. I’m assuming that they’re doing this so that next year, they can point to the results and say x% of members already complete the continuing education so it may as well be mandatory.

Eff that. I’m saying that I didn’t and hoping that it doesn’t bite me in the ass later.

I didn’t know CFAI had CE requirements. Is it required or recommended?

Recommended … for now.

I’ve had to make that affirmation for a couple of years now.

I need to take a look at what qualifies again. Between all the industry conferences and things I go to I’m sure I probably have, but I’m not keeping track.

If you’re already doing the work, you really should log it. Every 5 years, CFAI will send you a handsome certificate that shows you have X years of CE Program completion that you can…file with your other papers.

Does reading the FAJ count?

^

It does, actually. You will sometimes see at the bottom of some articles in the FAJ: “This article counts for 0.5 hours of CE.”

So what’s the deal with this CE stuff then lads? Last year the level 3 exam counted towards it but this year i’m at zero hours.

Will I end up on a CFAI kill-list if i click the declation that I haven’t completed the hours?

probably done it with conferences, work stuff etc but can’t be bothered formally tracking them. am I being lazy and is it less of a faff than it looks?

If you read the CFA magazine…whatever that’s called…that counts. Just spend 20 hours reading that and you’re good.

The upside to earning your hours is a free lunch. Seriously. That’s it.

I spent at least 20 hours on AF learning about diverse topics. I assume that qualifies.

Also, something is wrong with this “FAJ” acronym. It’s not explicitly a bad word, but just sounds a bit off…

^ I’ve always thought so too. Like, it’s too close sounding to VAJ. That’s what I think of everytime I view the cover. Every two months, it’s: “The new VAJ is in.”

I have to have 20 hours a year for my ASA (actually 100 hrs every 5 years). I’m just assuming that qualifies.

hahahahahaha

There’s no way CFAI makes this mandatory, as they would then have to kick out fee paying people who don’t do the learning.

I’ve clicked ‘no’ every year for almost a decade. Still truckin. Turd, CFA.

Do topics such as SRK abs, Get Woke with Turd, and PA’s pro-China rants against America count as CE?

These topics are so woke, the CFAI counts them 2x.