Fine Cocktails

Any fellow BSDs here appreciate a fine cocktail? Please share you current drink of choice for the summer months if you have something good.

I’m talking about a legit top shelf mixology here, not the neon-colored energy drink you paired with your $hitty vodka to reduce its kerosene flavor.

I like gin or cognac based cocktails that have sour or bitter notes - my favorites are classic negroni (hendrick’s:antica:campari 1:1:1 on the rocks with slice of orange) and sidecar (st-remy:grand marnier:lemon juice 4:1:1, no sugar on the rim). Although I’m continuously making home-based experiments with the proportions and ingredients in search for perfection.

If you have a good drink you order somewhere or mix at home, please share the recipe!

$hitty neon vodka drink? Sure, let’s talk about Summer Brew. This stuff is great around a pool, lake or at the beach. Plus, it tastes great and packs a punch so everyone gets tanked.

In a large pitcher add one frozen limeaid concentrate (the frozen tube version), fill the tube up with vodka and dump that in, add 2 light beers, and one can of Sprint/7up/Sierra Mist. Add more vodka and/or beer to taste. Serve over ice.

Seriously good stuff.

sounds sweet, I’ll try this mix at my frat reunion for the ice luge

None of those pictures came through CvM…at least not for me. I’ll just assume they’re women in skimpy clothing, probably with large posteriors, pouring some sort of gin drink all over themselves.

^ more censorship by the man…it was a picture of me with a bottle of Grey Goose in one hand taking straight pulls with a can of Red Bull as the chaser in the other hand.

Nothing beats “Long Island Iced Tea”. I prepared that for my friends over the Memorial Day one-weekender trip we were at Lake George vacation house and after few drinks of a well made LIIT (don’t remember how many), we were throwing cake, eggs, ketuchps, mayo’s, mustards at each other (12 of us) all night.

Have to confess though, the next day of cleanup was horrible… (but no hang-over)

Long Island Iced Teas are tasty indeed but do have the sub-alpha issue of being a “ladies’ drink.” If you care about that kind of stuff, as many people here seem to.

But the best cocktails all seem to be: tequila sunrise, daquiris, etc… I think mojitos and caipirinhas are more unisex, and I like those too.

Personally, I’d rather have a nice scotch straight up than a gin-and-tonic or martini, but scotch is not a cocktail, except when you mix it with soda.

I like me an Old Fashioned (can order anywhere) or Sazerac (traditional congac based for my man mobius). On another note, best cocktail I’ve had was a Bugsy’s Old Fashioned: http://www.bugsysbar.com/menu/cocktailicious-1/

Ah, Sazeracs are great. I’d forgotten all about them!

Sazerac looks great, I’ve never had one and want to taste it in a bar first before I try mixing at home. It doesn’t seem to be a common offering though

purple drank.

Not a cocktail, but for after a couple hour ride on the bike, nothing beats a Shandy - half beer, half very tart lemonade.

When out for work I enjoy a Manhattan to drive up my expense account. Yum. A couple of those and coworkers might even become enjoyable. Also summer brew as told above is awesome. We’ll make that for river trips.

Another vote for shandy, it is a nice easy drink on a hot day.

I won’t admit this in front of my coworkers, but I mix VSOP cognac with club soda, little bit of coke, and ice.

It’s so rewarding.

OP wanted “fine cocktails”. That (and my phosisticated palate) says fru-fru drinks are unacceptable. “Get hammered” drinks like Long Island Iced tea (or variations thereof) are also out. What’s left?

Classic martini (4 gin : 1 vermouth, olives if you like)

Rob Roy (Scoth and vermouth, Angostura bitters if you like) - somebody already mentioned the Manhattan.

Kamikaze (2 vodka : 1 triple sec : 1 lime juice)

Personally I don’t think you can beat a huge glass of good margarita sipped slowly and refilled often, but that’s just my proletariat roots showing.

Spring = Bourbon

Winter = Scotch

Coffee = Black

I’m a man of simple tastes.

G+Ts with a slice of lemon. Best summer drink. I like a Vodka Martini with green olives on a toothpick in the bathtub on Friday night after coming home from work. Best way to unwind after a hard week. I like whiskey as well but am no connoisseur.

+1. With lemon, or maybe lime.

A drink for both sexes too.

We call this stuff Sip N Strip.