If Federer had any pride left he would retire

Leaving on top seems to be a lost art. Just ask Michael Jordan, Brett Favre and Roger Federer.

Watching Feds play now reminds me of that 50 year old at the bar still believing he can pick up the 20 year old hot babe.

So you’re saying that the 3rd ranked player in the world and reigning Wimbledon champion should retire because he’s not the best player anymore? Does that mean Nadal should retire too? He’s only 4th in the world and has never made as much as Feder made last year. I guess everyone except Djokovic and Murray should retire and break out the rusty hacksaw.

So that’s why you’re Former Trader. You went out on top, just like Seinfeld.

Maybe he just likes to play tennis.

^ He could join the Wollerau Tennis Club. Maybe he’ll win the club championship every year.

Also, he makes money by playing tennis. Just because your earnings peak does not mean that future earnings have no value.

^ Last year was actually one of his best years ever for prize money.

Federer is still beating everybody bar the top few guys in the world. Tsonga is 6 in the world - so not a bad loss. The guy is 32 years old…in tennis that is ancient. Would you retire if you were 4 in the world at something?

He can still win Wimbledon and US Open even at the ripe old age of 32. Haas is 35 and in the quarters of French so Fed has 2 or 3 years to win another major or two.

To be fair, Tsonga has been an underachiever given his talent…he could totally become No.1

Fedex has never been the King of Clay anyway… That was Nadal, I think…

Wait just over a month and he’ll bounce back at Wimbledon… and yours truly will be watching men’s semis at the Centre Court… LIVE !!!

daaamnnnn got any spare tickets?

There’s a difference being 3rd in the world most of your career and being the best in the game and dropping to 3rd. Jim Brown and Barry Sanders would have never allowed themselves to show up on the field as something other than the best at their position.

Sanders didn’t retire because he wasn’t the best anymore, he retired because the Lions sucked on ice and he was tired of being on a crap team. I don’t think anyone knows why Jim Brown did/does anything, not even Jim Brown.

I’m glad I shorted him when I did. You can all hang on to your longs.

Yeah, him and Nadal just need to quit (eyeroll)

How do you go short Federer? Just bet against him in all the matches? Seems very mean.

Djokovic asked Fed to lose so Nadal will feel better. He said he will take care of Murray anyhow. He said he will return the favor at US Open

For Nadal it’s a hiccup. For Federer it’s becoming a trend of not being able to live up to expectations anymore.

Daaaamn. Today sucks.