$hit Talkers

Its been a while (1.5 years) since i trained for any fights but now that I have a life back i figured i would get back into the groove of things. I check out this gym nearby my office and work in with a few of the boxers, then afterwards rolled with some of the grapplers. After training, im on my way to walk out and one of the head boxing coaches is grilling me. I walk by him and as i pass him he turns with me and continues to stare me down. I give him a head nod in which he doesnt acknowledge but proceeds to stare me down. At this point i ask him what his deal is and he goes off into this rant about how he is the best and everyone else is a pussy. Now, the way he communicates this statement is more of a crude, slang method in hopes of calling me out. Now, this guy is well known for his sht talk and its kind of his thing but nevertheless, i never understood it. As im walking out i run into another guy i used to train with 3 years ago and we couldnt figure out how we known each other and once again, the head boxing coach interjects and says he knocked me out in the past and has knocked out 1k guys (that former is untrue not sure of the latter).

Now, I’m trained in mma and would have a field day with an exclusive boxer but thats beyond the point. I know there are a few boxers on this site so i want to ask if this is something common in the exclusive boxing community. MT, bjj, wrestling, san da, judo, sambo - practically everything I have ever trained goes hand in hand with respect. Having said that, my old boxing coach shared a similar mentality to this head coach (he was Egyptian so i always attributed that hatred to being middle eastern)

Maybe it varies by gym, but I boxed pretty seriously for about 3 years and never once encountered anything but humility and a chill attitude among training partners.

I love internet gangstas. Especially gangstas that are so hard they’ll actually stay in on a Friday night and straight bully mafucas on message boards. Maybe you bully mafucas on message boards before goin out and gettin ya hustle on…you keeps it real son…yo, you’re probably movin bricks every night in the hood…this message board just helps you get your mind right…like lay up lines or somethin…I bet you were on Atlantic Ave. all night with your burner trying to move them bricks man…how many bodies you have on that four five, anyway? I see ya work. You on some straight bully sh*t, aint you? Mean muggin’ Angry Hold that block down, gangsta.

Trained at a gym in Providence, RI for a few years, late 90’s, early 2000’s, so MMA was simply not really existent at a boxing gym. It was all respect. Whether you were good or not.

^Is this post on the right forum?

BS - I’ve exp the same thing so its prob the trainer.

My bad, my post was directed at CvM. Lock i trained at manfredo’s gym when i was in school - which did you train at?

^ I wanted to talk some sht homeboy!

Was it here? Eric Kelly is comedy - that’s just what he does brah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syhb3z4pTFQ

Phantom Boxing on Branch Ave.

Peter Manfredo had a good run I guess.

I have never in my life seen something like that especially to a newcomer to any gym I have trained at. While there are the occasional tough guy meatheads generally anyone who is serious about the sport has only been respectful and humble.

People like that generally either get put in their place or told to fuck off.

^ Mad respect. Yo Bod, how was L3 brah?

Yah man - I was well aware of his ways bc I checked out the place a few years back and trained with Jason and afterwards he was giving all the MT guys sht. It gets old to me fast - looking at gleasons tonight, anyone train there?

no idea, if my performance is consistent with the practice exams I had been doing and I believe it was, i should be able to squeak a pass.

i’ve been pretty burnt out for the last week tho, just dragging my ass at work and trying to catch up on sleep. Haven’t been able to train for a few weeks and even been cutting some jogs short or skipping them entirely so overall I feel pretty shitty and when I get back to the gym I know I’ll be pretty sore. Im supposed to compete in a tournament and potentially a card in the fall before I go to a camp in thailand in december so I gotta get my ass to the gym but Im wiped. I might do a quick 30 minutes later tonight.

thats hilarious, those guys suck but they aren’t going to get any better if all the guy does is insult them.

If you want to do mt, don’t waste your time there or anywhere else. There is a legendary muay thai fighter from the early-mid 90s who runs a muay thai gym in NYC. If I was in NyC this is where I would train.

Http://teamcoban.com/