YO KRNYC!

I’m meeting up with a Russian girl…any advice?

yes, make sure you give her the $$ up front

Get yourself some fancy Japanese toys… Nana may have more to say about that…

Bring her a small present. It can be something really inexpensive (but tasteful), like one of those $1.50 sampler boxes of 4 chocolates, or maybe a single flower. But something that shows you thought about her before actually showing up. Most women like this, but it seems to go an extra long way with Russians. It’s just you playing your role as a gentleman.

People here will say that that sets a bad precedent and that she’ll start expecting bigger and bigger presents, and that it looks like you’re begging. Well, if she is that kind of woman, she’s going to start expecting it whether you bring it on an early outing or not. And if she’s not, she’ll still be touched and think you’re better than most of the guys here. If you want to be cynical about it: it’s a positive expectation action, so you should do it.

Go to her father, look him dead in the eye and say she is your property now, then this ^

Make sure she’s not a spy trying to gain access to sensitive information about your firm.

You should be asking me this question not krnyc!

Before the date, take a swig of vodka and dot your neck with bear musk. In Russia, these are signs of a manly person.

Let me guess, “back in old country, she was doctor.”

best so far

long ago me and my fellas have performed an excercise to arrive at the value for money achieved by high maintenance Russian hot chicks vs prostitutes. You already know the result.

It is so ridiculous, that even girls admit this openly. I think the root cause is that Russian girls do not earn anything close to what men earn in Russia, and moreover are not expected to do so. Instead they expect their men to financially support them as part of the relationship.

That’s why in modern Russia it is solely your money that determines the level of your chick. These chicks a priori are not prostitutes, but a posteriori are. But behing the thick veil, which lifts during the first copule of dates.

Most of them live in wonderland or let me say it better, in cuckoo land, having read one million stupid novels when they were at school and further at uni.

They believe that they are special, their men should be special and their love will be the longest and strongest. Therefore they want whatever manifestation of this. The touchy thing for them is when you write/BS on cards for occassions (eg birthday, 14 feb, etc) together with bringing at least 4-5 dozens of roses (this is pretty normal)

Well, start by not asking her if she is crazy.

I had a date last week where the guy pretty much said the following:

“My friend told me all Russian girls are crazy. Is that true?”

WTF am I supposed to answer to that???

Other than that treat her like any other girl really. We are no different from anyone else.

Make sure you pronounce her name correctly without making to much fuss about it. (personal ughh here, she might have an easy name though)

You might show interest and ask her about Russia, but ONLY if you are genuinely want to know. She will feel if you are pretending.

Also do not ask her why she came to the country (when is better). It will come up naturally in the conversation.

Might say she has a cute accent. I don’t buy it but it’s always nice to hear.

I don’t know about place recommendations. Look how she is dressed up and decide yourself

Hope this helps.

Just read other responses.

Drago: shame on you, really

Don’t know about flowers. I would not expect them (esp if the girl is in the country for several years).

But take my advice with a grain of salt. I hate getting flowers in general, unless it’s on a whimp, without any occasion - something cute and simple from local bodega store (tulips, lilacs etc). And that’s definitely not for the first date but when already in a relationship. But it’s just me - yes I know I am weird.

But if she is in the country recently, I am not sure. No clue what the protocol is in Russia.

No no no no NO to any gifts!

Please tell me this thread is a joke.

krnyc is the only value-add in this entire thread…hence why it is titled “YO KRNYC”…thanks krnyc :slight_smile:

You are welcome! Have fun:)

I know it was either a typo or a language thing, but I did chuckle at the thought of some weakling showing up at your door with carnations.

It was a language thing:) I meant spontaneously. Just googled the correct way, thanks! I should do it every time I am in doubt (which I was) but I get lazy.