Least Douchey Luxury Sedan

I’m trying to put together a scale of doucheyness of luxury sedans. Who takes the top spot - BMW? Audi? Looking for an upscale sedan that doesn’t scream “I flatulating douche”

Define douche? An S8 would be a sick sedan to have. You haul around the kid and his soccer gear and then do a 1g skidpad out at the racetrack with ease.

BMW #1 for sure. I actually like Audis…

Edit for clarity: BMW is the most douchey of the bunch.

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxVcwUonXUw]

hmmm…mabye douche isn’t quite the right word. i suppose i’m looking for opinions on the most appropriate upscale sedan for a young BSD in the making. I have this problem all the time, aka with watches. i want to get something nice, but not something that wreaks of “who does this ass bag think he is?”, particularly among the O.G.'s in my office.

“I like Acuras or Volvos,” said some 25 year old who is neither BSD or douche

I drive a 14 year old Ford, but here is my .02.

You really can’t go wrong with a proper European car such as a the Mercedes, BMW, or Audi. You may look like a dbag if you get a Masarati/Porsche or some other car that screams exotic vs. luxury.

But I don’t have a fuggin’ clue.

instead of spending chedda on booze you colda been driving a benz or bimma

Getting a BMW 3 or 5 is like wearing a Rolex Submariner. If you think that is douchey, then you should stay away from it. It’s just kind of par for the course.

Benz’s are more douchey in my opinion. A Benz is like wearing a Hublot.

However, it’s really just opinion and haters are gonna hate weather you drive a Subaru, a Hummer or a Tesla. Eh, come to think of it, you should get a Tesla.

^ And the dumbest post of the day goes to…

Where have I said I spend a ton of money on booze. I get out and have fun, that doesn’t mean I’m doing models and bottles.

I like having a functioning car that’s paid for. My marginal utility would not increase with a fancy new car payment.

This is not a sedan, but the car with the combination of least douche per ridiculousness is without doubt the Mercedes E63 AMG Wagon. This is a 4700 lb station wagon that goes from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. This thing is faster than a BMW M3, and it has wagon seats (link is from E350 wagon, but it’s the same thing).

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/overview/1301_2013_mercedes_benz_gl450_vs_2012_e350_4matic_wagon/photo_16.html#

For my money though, the choice is Volvo S60 T6 AWD, or the equivalent V60 station wagon. Less informed people often overlook this car, but ultimately it’s a 300 HP+ car that is invisible to police.

i was messing with you, stop being a girlieman

Lexus/Infiniti/Acura Back when I sold one of those 3 brands, quite a few bought them to be low key. They are also among the most reliable and depending on model have good resale value.

But IMO, drive whatever the hell you want. Go drive the cars and see which one YOU like the best. You’re paying for it, you’re driving it, screw what others think.

I think at this stage though, you should decide what size you want. They usually run x-small/small/middle/large

Like MB: CLA/C/E/S-Class

That would be good advice, if not for the fact that people buy luxury items precisely because of what others think. Do you think people would buy so many BMW cars, Rolex watches and Ermenegildo Zegna suits if they were not status symbols?

You should look at the Hyundai Genesis. I think it looks quite good, has great ratings, and is decidedly undouchey. Perhaps Equus too.

I agree with you that a lot of people do buy them for status symbols but there are reasons why those car names became what they are. One huge point is safety. For example, MB was the first on many safety devices and is among the very best in safety R&D. High strength steel and technology cost money. I used to sell MB though, so I may be bias.

BMW is tops to me due to Douchey Dudes in 3 series.

I have an a8 and I like it. A bit understated but still fly if you know what it is.

I was going to say Hyundai Equus or Lexus ls 460 - maybe even gs.

Audi s8 is the flyest sedan in my book, but I’ve got an Audi bias. I wouldn’t go v10 though, so you’d have to go newer.

It really depends on your geographic location, brah. On the mean streets of Bev Hills if you roll in 3 series or A4, you look like a modest bottom feeder… so the level of douchebaggery per vehicle is heavily location-specific.

Audi was the “non-douchey alternative” for a while, but then all the $30k millionaires who would have bought BMWs started buying A4s and housewives started driving Q5 and Q7. The A8 is still a very tasteful car, as is the A6.