The official Star Wars thread

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-general-discussion/91328474

Something tells me that Higgs hasn’t seen Star Wars enough, if he’s confusing Womprats with Wombats.

And something tells me Nana hasn’t seen Star Wars at all.

If ever anybody deserved a hacksaw, it’s you two.

I admit I’ve only seen the original 7 or 8 times.

By original, do you mean any version of Episode IV - A New Hope?

or do you mean the original version that came out in 1977?

I’ve only see the one where the kid races the thing connected to the 2, what looked like, jet engines. Didn’t really get it.

3-4-5 in that order. None of the Jedi crap.

The 77 film and the New Hope DVD combined.

i was watching toy hunter and that dude bought some star wars toys for 15k (he ripped off the old lady) and sold em for like 40k…greenie you got 40k worth of star wars toys around?

No, but I actually do have about half a dozen of the original posters. Wife wanted to throw them out and I said, “Absolutely not.”

Not that I really want the posters, but I bet they’re worth some money. One of these days, I’ll get around to figuring out how much they’re worth.

[video:http://www.travelchannel.com/video/arizonas-treasure-trove]

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/arizonas-treasure-trove

So the cast for Episode 7 has been released.

First, the originals:

Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker

Carrie Fisher - Princess Leia

Harrison Ford - Han Solo

Anthony Daniels - C-3PO

Kenny Baker - R2-D2

Peter Mayhew - Chewbacca

Then the newbies:

John Boyega

Daisy Ridley

Adam Driver

Oscar Isaac

Andy Serkis

Domhnall Gleeson

Max von Sydow

Anybody know who any of these people are? I’ve only heard of Max von Sydow (the old priest that dies in the Exorcist) and Andy Serkis (Gollum).

Um, bad idea to bring back the original cast? This is what Luke Skywalker looks like now. Good way to shatter peoples’ childhood fantasies with a dose of “welcome to the real world”.

Edit: Er, I think AF image post is broken. I tried to resize this to a small picture and it does not work.

Never seen it.

Not excited. I thought JJ Abrams’ Star Trek movie was like any other blockbuster with explosions. Yeah I’m sure the film will do well commercially, but dont have high hopes for a great movie.

Kinda cringed when you broke Max von Sydow down to ‘that priest that dies in Exorcist’. His career deserves better.

Anyways, that yoda photo is my avatar on quite a few other forums. I was upset when I saw you got to it first Greenie.

He is the police boss in Minority Report, and also the police boss in Judge Dredd (the Sylvester Stallone one).

so luke is goign to be a wrinkly old man. awesome.

It’s set 35 years after Return of the Jedi, so it’s not like anyone should expect Luke, Leia and Han to look 25 anymore. Considering the fact that Mark Hamill has had pretty much zero career since RotJ, I’m surprised he doesn’t look worse.

Pelle the Conqueror is banned in west Texas.

He was in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back!

The point is not that the actors look older. It’s that some characters will have aged very poorly compared to how we would imagine. Han Solo after 35 years looks like the present day Harrison Ford… ok that’s not bad. Luke, Jedi Master who has mastered all spiritual and physical aspects of his being… eh…