"Women 'Smell' Their Competition"

“It’s well known that testosterone is linked to aggression and competitiveness,” lead author Jon Maner, a Florida State University psychologist, told Discovery News. “Based on our testosterone findings, one could speculate that women exposed to the scent of ovulation might become more antagonistic or competitive.”

http://news.discovery.com/human/life/women-smell-competition-130924.htm

Key takeaways:

1. Women can smell when other women are ovulating.

2. They become more aggressive and competitive when this happens.

Life lessons!

you are an a**

but you know that

Isn’t it true women’s cycles align to one another. I.e if your roommate has her period on this date, you will start to develop your period on the same date? More of the story, women are aliens.

I’d never trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn’t die.

So women who are trying to get pregnant should jump their man when the women around them are all extra bitchy?

It’s known that there are a number of effects like this, so I wouldn’t be surprised by this one.

Another interesting effect I’ve heard about is that when a man is exposed to scents of a woman’s reproductive areas, he partially loses the ability to discriminate who is beautiful and who isn’t: that women is suddenly more attractive to him. The delta of Venus is the ultimate in beer-goggles.

Sounds like another case of X -> boner -> lack of judgment, where X can be a large variety of factors.

I can believe that tbh… one of my buddies used to decide whether or not to hit on a girl by looking her up and down and thinking “would I lick her gravy train?”, if the answer was yes he went for it. Hooked up with a lot of 5s and 4s using that valuation method…

Guilty…some 5’s have really nice legs…it happens.

These are apparently done in controlled experiments, where heterosexual (and possibly bisexual) men are asked to rate the attractiveness of women in the presence (unknown) and abscence of small quantities of female reproductive scents. What the researchers found (if I remember) is that in the presence of these scents, the average attractiveness score rose, and the dispersion of attractiveness scores diminished as well.

Women also smell the testoserone of men. Try this: Workout as hard as you can for at least 1 hour then go to the grocery store to pickup something to drink. Every single girl will be checking u out. Careful some guys will be checking u out too.

did you do this in ur basement? :wink:

just messing around

How exactly did they obtain these “female reproductive scents”? Did they swab some grad student?

Possibly the researcher’s own?

Just seems wrong to use your own. Imagine if you made a study like this with male scents, then you extract your own fluids and make women smell it…

here’s an experiment:

Kim Kardashian in a bikini during a photo shoot in Thailand.

who here is suddenly in the mood for corn?

Personally, I can’t confirm… On the concious level at least.

That would be just too much to handle…

Snatch is smelly!

KK is back! God bless America. Her assets weren’t going to be exploited at its full value in Armenia.

It never fails. Each time there’s a stylish, gorgeous, confident woman walking at the office, there are 5 other women giving her the evil eye. Women are more competitive than men.