#blockupy - the biggest leftist travesty in recent history

Today, roughly 10000 left-wingers have united under the term blockupy, to protest against the (get this!) monetary policy of the ECB during the celebrations for the new ECB tower in Frankfurt, Germany. During their protests, they have successfully injured over 90 police officers, incinerated numerous police cars and damaged other public property. Baffled commentators on the economic right are left speechless and still struggle to find words for this travesty (for German speakers I recommend: http://www.spiegel.tv/filme/dbate-interview-roland-tichy/), while on the left trade union leaders and communists cheer at the havoc created. Surely, Germans got used to the disgrace that is PEGIDA, but these protests top even that both in absurdity and stupidity.

I was just reading about this.

Yeah a horde of unwashed passed my office in Frankfurt today.

Also helicopters have been making noise all day. WTF do these loosers want ?

As far as I understand them, they want the ECB to stop QE, so that Southern Europe can be freed from the shackles of austerity. Sounds weird? You bet. Later they also stopped by at Deutsche and Commerzbank, for some other dubious reason…

I think they have the relationship wrong on QE and austerity. More QE means stronger growth, means more tax revenue, means less need for austerity.

They cannot be bothered with such details :slight_smile: