Anyone Know of a Good Book on Global Warming??

I’m trying to find a technical read on global warming. I’m interested strictly on the science in the most technical way possible. Does anyone know of any?

BTW, if anyone recommends An Inconvenient Truth I will resurrect qqqbee and tell him you work for CFAI!!

Earth in the Balance

All hail qqqbee.

The Bible

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

^ I was about to post this.

Go to the source - the official IPCC report. There is also an abridged version that serves well as an intro.

Thanks

Here’s the link to lots of IPCC reports.

https://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/publications_and_data_reports.shtml

tyler - is your avatar the bad guy from Karate Kid III? I think that makes us related.

I think the IPCC report is more of a political document than a scientific one. There have been numerous instances where data has been “massaged” and projections manipulated to fit their agenda. So why not just go directly to some journals?

The science is way too broad for the best climatologist to understand, let alone a delittante.

warming? this is your last decent summer - I’m telling you.

You bet your ass it is Kreese! How did Mimona and her gal pal treat you in Tahiti!?

Yeah, this is the whole reason I’m interested in it. My political leanings lead me to think it’s pure bs but I hate it when people make any argument without understanding the topic. I’m also a nerd and can’t just take things at face value. Occasionally, I’ll take a veiw outside of the party line, at least when it comes to non-social issues.

I tossed the best book I had about global warming into a fire. Then the world got even warmer.

The End.

Climate change is far too politicized. I seriously doubt you can find a truly objective, scientific study.

Relevant article.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a36228/ballad-of-the-sad-climatologists-0815/

Surely a study that agrees with our preconcieved points of view is objective, yes?

That does appear to be what makes a study objective on both sides of the debate.

+1

My uncle was a former top executive of the National Wildlife Federation. He wrote a book about global warming but more from a personal reflections standpoint. He’s convinced it’s an imminant threat, I’m not 100% sold on the manmande aspect, but I am convinced of long term warming and a strong believer in cutting carbon emissions as a top priority. Can’t hurt I figure, and it wouldn’t hurt the world to take a break from buying useless sh*t.