Game of Thrones

Ok, so I’ve just started watching Game of Thrones on HBO Go and am hooked. I’m only through Episode 5 of Season 1 (Ned Stark just resigned as the Hand of the King), but now I’m thinking I want to start reading the series as well. So, a couple of questions:

Are the books worth reading if I’ve already seen the series (I’ll likely binge watch, so will probably be well into Season 2 before I even get a chance to start reading books)?

I understand the books aren’t even finished and the author thinks he might never publish the 6th and final book. For those who have read the existing 5 books, am I going to be frustrated for the rest of my life by questions left unanswered if he never publishes book 6?

super late to the game eh? I don’t think the books are worth reading.

I’ve been told by friends that

1. the show has deviated drastically from the book. areas in teh book that were kinda boring have been altered to be made more exciting for the show

2. the books make huge tangents that create alternate story lines, like you would have main characters disappear for an entire book for exmple

3. and yes

Book 1 and season 1 go hand in hand. More depth in the book, but I seem to remember them being more or less the same story. I never made it past book 1, so that’s all I’ve got.

Yeah, mom and dad TV time is pretty much limited to 10:00 pm and later, so hard to keep pace with such stuff without becoming a zombie.

The books are absolutely worth it if you have the time and you want to learn more about Martin’s universe. There’s just way too much going on in the books to put on screen. Reading them will give you a whole different perspective.

Even if you finish the show before you’re done with the first book, I’d still do it. Well worth it.

There are two more books (at least). His next one is rumored to be coming out before the next season of GoT. Then probably another 5-7 year wait for A Dream of Spring.

Books are worth the read, or listen. I’m currenly on book 4, A Feast For Crows. I listen to them on my commute and when working out. Audible.com

The narrator, Roy Dotrice, is fantastic.

Depends, who is Jon Snow’s mother?

Coldhands

Is it free to download?

Not legally.

Right, gonna purchse from Apple store then download to my iPad then…

Read the books. Very worth it.

im starting the series. I promised myself I wouldnt succomb to the geekdom but it has taken me over.

They arrive tomorrow thanks to Amazon Prime.

Can some one recommend good summary, so i can get up-to-date before next season (Looking specificly for TV show summary, as i have ready all 5 books)

Read the wiki page. I read up to book 3 or so, then was like, wait a minute, I don’t have time for this. So I rely on all the STL type people who write useful summaries so lazy people can know everything.

I feel like Lord Friendzone, AKA Jorah Mormont should narrate the audiobooks. Voice of the gods.

Cmon buddy, we both know you play WoW

Jorah was the main bad guy in the Tomb Raider movie. I watched it a while ago and was like wait, I know that guy.

Lord Walter Frey is Filtch the Hogwarts caretaker in Harry Potter