Sign up  |  Log in

If Gronk had any pride left, he would retire...

…because he’s the featured player on the new Madden cover.  

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/it-s-gronk-s-world–p...

Now, Jason Witten definitely has the advantage.  

82 > 87
Simple math.

I’m sure you meant Travis Kelce has the advantage.

I would certainly take Kelce over Witten now. Witten obviously has had the better career. 

'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. And a donut with no hole, is a danish'

Remember the time when Greenie said he’d rather have Witten than Gronk.  LMFAO.

Telling it like it is on AF since 2007.

Really, what more could happen to Gronk that already hasn’t injury wise?  His college and pro career have been absolutely flush with devastating injuries and he still produces at a level never seen before at the position.  He’s played like one full healthy season and is pretty much regarded as the most dominant TE ever.

Before short sleeve button up fatties from Texas or KC get their panties in a bunch I’m not talking in terms of longevity, so let it go. 

ltj wrote:

Before short sleeve button up fatties from Texas or KC get their panties in a bunch

Please don’t ever compare my sense of fashion to Greenie’s.

former trader wrote:

Remember the time when Greenie said he’d rather have Witten than Gronk.  LMFAO.

Who would rather have Gronk than Witten this weekend? 

Remember–the best ability is avail-ability, which Gronk has none. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

Sweep the Leg wrote:

I’m sure you meant Travis Kelce has the advantage.

Greg Olson (sp?) FTW!!!

82 > 87
Simple math.

I agree it would be nice to have a guy that you didn’t ever have to worry about missing a game (more on this later*), but come on dude, when has “the greatest ever” conversation ever been about injuries?  It’s not like Gronk has missed an excessive amount of games.  He’s been in the league six seasons and played in 80 regular season games out of a possible 96.  83% while sustaining multiple serious injuries is actually better than even I thought it was going to be.

*The reason Gronk gets hurt so much is because the only way to get him down is by going low and taking out his knees (aka the reason he missed 9 games in 2013).  How hard was it to tackle Jason Witten for defenders?  Because of Gronk’s dominance the Patriots treat him with a lot more care than NFL teams would treat an average player.  I’m 100% sure he could play and be effective this week but why risk it in a non-conference road game?  

Their Super Bowl chances rest on his health.  

Could you ever say that about Jason Witten?  Well I guess you can’t answer that.  He never even played in an NFC Championship game :(

my boy black unicorn gonna ball out

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Does it really matter WHY he misses games?  The point is… he misses games. 

And the Patriots are taking such good care of him that…he’s missing a game.

And a loss on a non-conference road game is…a loss.  Just like a home loss to a conference opponent.  

82 > 87
Simple math.

Greenman72 wrote:

Does it really matter WHY he misses games?  The point is… he misses games. 

Yes, to your original argument, it matters why.  It’s what makes him better than Jason Witten.  

Quote:

And a loss on a non-conference road game is…a loss.  Just like a home loss to a conference opponent.  

Clearly you have no idea how tiebreakers work, which have come into play virtually every season in the NFL in one form or another.

Greenman72 wrote:

former trader wrote:

Remember the time when Greenie said he’d rather have Witten than Gronk.  LMFAO.

Who would rather have Gronk than Witten this weekend? 

Remember–the best ability is avail-ability, which Gronk has none. 

What good is availability if your team can’t win even when you’re in the lineup week in and week out.

Telling it like it is on AF since 2007.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the best ability is ability.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

So Witten caught 9 passes for 66 yards (albeit in a losing effort)  

Anybody care to tell me how many Gronk caught?  

82 > 87
Simple math.

SCOOOOOREE   BOOOOAAAARRRD

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Seriously though, lets base our entire thought process around a single game.  Moreover, I will concede your point.  The only game Witten could be favorably compared to Gronk would be a game when Gronk didn’t play.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

ltj wrote:

Greenman72 wrote:

Does it really matter WHY he misses games?  The point is… he misses games. 

Yes, to your original argument, it matters why.  It’s what makes him better than Jason Witten.  

So let me get this straight–Witten catches a ball, gets tackled, and never misses a game. 

Gronk catches a ball, gets tackled, and misses ~3 games per season.  And this makes him better than Witten?

—————————

I’m not denying the fact that Gronk > Witten right now.  I’m also not debating that Gronk’s future > Witten’s future.  But I’m willing to bet that Jason Witten has a better career than Gronk, and at the end of all days, he will be ranked higher on the list of greatest TE’s ever than Gronk. 

Through today, Jason Witten has played 208 games and only missed one.  He has over 1,000 catches for over 11,000 yards and 60 TD’s.  His stat line is second only to Tony Gonzalez.  And that doesn’t include the immeasurables, like blocking ability and leadership, both of which Witten excels at.  (To be fair, I don’t know how good Gronk is at blocking, but he’s been quite a distraction to his team as well.)

82 > 87
Simple math.

Greenman72 wrote:

But I’m willing to bet that Jason Witten has a better career than Gronk, and at the end of all days, he will be ranked higher on the list of greatest TE’s ever than Gronk. 

Gronk is already above Witten.  Already, and he’s only 26.  How do you not understand this? 

Gronk has half as many seasons and like 40% of the games but already has more touchdowns… and super bowls.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

this is a side of BS i don’t think i’ve ever seen before – fanboy who’s invested enough in a team/player to argue about it online.  Does that mean you’ve officially graduated to M*******?

KISS MY CONVERSE.

Haha, no I don’t even like the Patriots.  I was just messing with Greenman for something to do.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

The most impressive Gronk stat is his 9 TDs in 9 playoff games.  He brings it when it counts the most.  You play the best teams in the playoffs, not teams like the Browns or the Jags.

Telling it like it is on AF since 2007.

ltj wrote:

Greenman72 wrote:

But I’m willing to bet that Jason Witten has a better career than Gronk, and at the end of all days, he will be ranked higher on the list of greatest TE’s ever than Gronk. 

Gronk is already above Witten.  Already, and he’s only 26.  How do you not understand this? 

I didn’t realize this is true.  65 TDs>60 TDs.  That is really incredible with so many more seasons to potentially play.

Yesterday’s stat line:

Jason Witten - 3 catches for 51 yards.  No TD’s. 

Gronk - zero catches, zero yards, zero TD’s.  But this must be because of the way teams defend against him.  (Or it could be because he didn’t play.) 

82 > 87
Simple math.

ltj wrote:

when has “the greatest ever” conversation ever been about injuries?

Good question!  Let’s ask Bo Jackson and Gayle Sayers what they think. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

Greenman72 wrote:

Yesterday’s stat line:

Jason Witten - 3 catches for 51 yards.  No TD’s. 

Gronk - zero catches, zero yards, zero TD’s.  But this must be because of the way teams defend against him.  (Or it could be because he didn’t play.) 

LOL.  Is this what poor Topperharley feels like when targeted by the vengeful Greenman?

If your only criteria is suiting up and showing up then there are a ****load of TEs that are better than Gronk.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/broncos-corner-on-tack...

“You gotta hit him low, man — hit him in his knees,” Harris said on ESPN’s SportsCenter, via Business Insider. “That’s the best chance you have of hitting him.”

“You gotta take his legs out or hold on and wait for everybody, wait for the gang to come on and gang tackle him,” Harris said on ESPN.

So yeah, I think it has a little to do with how teams attempt to defend him.  Don’t think anything like this has ever been written or said about Jason Witten. 

Greenman72 wrote:

ltj wrote:

when has “the greatest ever” conversation ever been about injuries?

Good question!  Let’s ask Bo Jackson and Gayle Sayers what they think. 

Yes, their careers were derailed by injuries.  Does Gronk’s career appear to be in jeopardy yet?  The guy is 26 and was going off the board in the first round of fantasy drafts.  I mean all the injuries stacking up certainly put him at risk but that’s a pretty weak comparison considering you have their end results vs. a complete unknown in Gronk’s case.

As I pointed out to you, Gronk has still played in >80% of his team’s eligible games.  It’s not like we’re talking about RG3 here.

It’s pretty comical you come in with these trash Jason Witten gamelogs each week to make your case.  Gronk could shatter that production in a quarter.  That’s what makes him way better.  Not just marginally.  Way, way, way better than Jason Witten.  /fin

Well, Gronk made his triumphant return to the gridiron tonight. 

He was targeted once, had zero catches. 

But im sure this was because of the way he was defended.  Just like his injury (that he got while practicing) was because somebody went low and blew out his knees. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

Last I checked they both have the same number of touchdowns.  Pretty impressive for a guy who has 1 target all season. 

You are not good at this.  Maybe next time it’s midnight and you feel compelled to add another “point” to your ****ty argument you just put the computer down.

I’m up by 29 pts in fantasy this week before SNF.  I have no one left and my opponent has 1 player left….Jason Witten.  If he had Gronk, I would have kept an eye on the game.  I can confidently do something else tonight while proudly claiming I won my week.

Telling it like it is on AF since 2007.