Sign up  |  Log in

If Gronk had any pride left, he would retire...

Greenman72 wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/nfl/cowboys/former-cowboys-te-on-jason-witten...

In the promo video for an ESPN E:60 feature on The Brothers Bennett – Martellus and his brother, Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett – the former didn’t mince words about

“Witten didn’t talk to me when I was in Dallas, he didn’t help me,” Martellus says in the video. “Very rarely did we talk.”

“I hated him. I hated Witten.”

Bennett was the Cowboys’ second-round draft choice in 2008 and spent four seasons with Dallas. Over that span, he caught 85 passes for 846 yards and four touchdowns. Witten, who started every game over those years ahead of Bennett on the depth chart, logged 348 catches for 3,926 yards and 20 touchdowns.

Is the next best ability “likeability”?

You could say the exact same thing about Favre/Rodgers, and it doesn’t take away from the fact that Brett Favre is a great quarterback.  (So is Rodgers, by the way.) 

You could say the same thing about Montana and Young. 

Or Bledsoe and Brady. 

Or Bledsoe and Romo. 

Or Rivers and Brees. 

Or Warner and Manning. 

I’m not understanding your point at all. 

Um, most of those players are liked  / respected by their teammates.  Call me crazy, but a collaborative, team mentality is important to team sports.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

ltj wrote:

I like how you listed games and catches but not yards and touchdowns.  Gronkowski’s “worst” season, as a rookie, posted 13.0 yards per reception which is a full yard+ over Witten’s best season (11.9).  Gronk averages 14.7 yards per reception on his career to Witten’s 11.0.  And of course touchdowns, which of course, Gronkowski may arguably be the best red zone threat EVER. 

But if you were starting a franchise today you’d take Witten over Gronk.  Because of course you would.  That is in-sane, dude.  You may literally be the only person in the entire world who would do that.

Not denying any of this, and I know I didn’t mention it. 

But also, being on the Patriots with their front office and having Tom Brady as your QB probably helps.  (As opposed to having the Cowboys front office, and having QB’s like Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde, and Drew Henson.) 

82 > 87
Simple math.

well done greenman, good troll job :)

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

3 pages long and this thread still hasnt talked about why white dudes make good TEs? 

Telling it like it is on AF since 2007.

Week six results:

Witten - 4 catches, 42 yards. 

Gronk - 7 catches, 162 yards, and a TD.  (Best game of his career.) 

The Patriots bye is on Nov. 6, so we’ll tally up the totals after that week, so we have an apples-to-apples comparison. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

Haha what?  Why are you waiting?  In two games Gronk has already shattered Witten’s six games.

13-282-1 > 28-274-0

I respect you stepping the trolling game up a few notches with the avi and sig.  You picked a pretty bad year to do it though.  Then again I suppose giving folks a 4 game head start and then embarrassing them upon return is the new Patriots MO.  

Well, we’re only in week 8. There’s still time for Gronk to miss 5-6 more games. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

Week 7 results:

Gronk - 4 catches, 93 yards, and one TD

Witten - bye (probably the only week he’ll miss all year)

82 > 87
Simple math.

Week 8 Greenie, witten 2 for 16 yards, gronk 5 for 109

So for the season so far Gronk is at 22 catches for 484 and 3TD, Witten 30 for 290 and 1 TD.  Two thirds more yards and three times the TD’s despite giving your unlikable bro a two game head start.  I guess the best ability is ability.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

And Kelce has his own reality TV show. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Black Swan wrote:

Week 8 Greenie, witten 2 for 16 yards, gronk 5 for 109

So for the season so far Gronk is at 22 catches for 484 and 3TD, Witten 30 for 290 and 1 TD.  Two thirds more yards and three times the TD’s despite giving your unlikable bro a two game head start.  I guess the best ability is ability.

I’m not worried.  There’s still plenty of time left for Gronk to miss. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

How bout dem boys!!

Greenman72 wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Week 8 Greenie, witten 2 for 16 yards, gronk 5 for 109

So for the season so far Gronk is at 22 catches for 484 and 3TD, Witten 30 for 290 and 1 TD.  Two thirds more yards and three times the TD’s despite giving your unlikable bro a two game head start.  I guess the best ability is ability.

I’m not worried.  There’s still plenty of time left for Gronk to miss. 

Face it, your boy sucks.  Sorry you had to find out this way.  He isn’t even in the same class:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-top-10-tight-ends-ranked-rob-gron...

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/8/12373090/fantasy-football-rankings-2016...

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

StallionDis wrote:

How bout dem boys!!

Dem ‘Boys are scaring this Giants fan.  Thought Big Blue might be able to sneak in one more run under Eli in the next couple of years before having to go into full rebuilding mode, but Dallas looks like they’ll be tough to beat for the near future.  The only good thing is that they have huge salary cap issues next year and will need to restructure Witten and Dez just to sign draft picks even after cutting Romo.

This space available.

Black Swan wrote:

Greenman72 wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Week 8 Greenie, witten 2 for 16 yards, gronk 5 for 109

So for the season so far Gronk is at 22 catches for 484 and 3TD, Witten 30 for 290 and 1 TD.  Two thirds more yards and three times the TD’s despite giving your unlikable bro a two game head start.  I guess the best ability is ability.

I’m not worried.  There’s still plenty of time left for Gronk to miss. 

Face it, your boy sucks.  Sorry you had to find out this way.  He isn’t even in the same class:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-top-10-tight-ends-ranked-rob-gron...

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/8/12373090/fantasy-football-rankings-2016...

Dude, when did I ever say that Witten was a better TE than Gronk right now?  (I might have said it facetiously, but I never meant it.) 

This thread was started mostly as a joke (a nod to the Madden Curse).  It stemmed from something I posted that said that if I was drafting a TE, I would rather have Witten for his career rather than Gronk’s, mainly because of injury history.  (But I also have hindsight–most of Witten’s career is known, while Gronk’s is largely unknown.) 

I never said Witten had more talent than Gronk, even in his prime.  I certainly don’t think he does now, in 2016.  To say, “this year, Gronk is better than Witten” is arguing a moot point. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

^It’s a “moo” point. You know, like the kind of point a cow would make.

If this thread had any pride left, it would retire.

Telling it like it is on AF since 2007.

Greenman72 wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Greenman72 wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Week 8 Greenie, witten 2 for 16 yards, gronk 5 for 109

So for the season so far Gronk is at 22 catches for 484 and 3TD, Witten 30 for 290 and 1 TD.  Two thirds more yards and three times the TD’s despite giving your unlikable bro a two game head start.  I guess the best ability is ability.

I’m not worried.  There’s still plenty of time left for Gronk to miss. 

Face it, your boy sucks.  Sorry you had to find out this way.  He isn’t even in the same class:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-top-10-tight-ends-ranked-rob-gron...

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/8/12373090/fantasy-football-rankings-2016...

Dude, when did I ever say that Witten was a better TE than Gronk right now?  (I might have said it facetiously, but I never meant it.) 

This thread was started mostly as a joke (a nod to the Madden Curse).  It stemmed from something I posted that said that if I was drafting a TE, I would rather have Witten for his career rather than Gronk’s, mainly because of injury history.  (But I also have hindsight–most of Witten’s career is known, while Gronk’s is largely unknown.) 

I never said Witten had more talent than Gronk, even in his prime.  I certainly don’t think he does now, in 2016.  To say, “this year, Gronk is better than Witten” is arguing a moot point. 

You’re the idiot who kept bumping this early in the season posting weekly statlines when things were going in your favor (i.e., Witten’s tepid performance, how exciting).  I even asked you what the point of it was.  Now that Gronk is back and averaging 22.0 YARDS PER CATCH (that’s really good FYI) your trolling isn’t so fun for you anymore, is it?  ”Hey guys, relax, I wasn’t saying _______”  Zzzzzzz.

Greenman lost credibility in this thread.  He either has bad judgment or is a bad troll.  If it’s both that is enough to  cost him an AF Hall of Fame induction, great tax advice notwithstanding.

Telling it like it is on AF since 2007.

Week 9 results:

Gronk - did not play.  Patriot’s bye week. 

Witten - 8 catches, 134 yards, 1 TD. 

————————-

For the season:

Gronk:  22 catches, 484 yards, and 3 TD’s

Witten - 38 catches, 424 yards, and 2 TD’s. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

Week 1-3, Gronk’s out.

Greenman: “LOOK AT THESE WEEKLY STATISTICS”

Week 8, Witten sucks and Gronk sets franchise record with big game while blowing out season stats.

Greenman: No stats posted, “I never said Witten had more talent than Gronk, even in his prime.  I certainly don’t think he does now, in 2016.  To say, “this year, Gronk is better than Witten” is arguing a moot point.”

Week 9, Patriots bye week while Witten manages to generate stats against winless team to only be worse as opposed to substantially worse than Gronk.

Greenman: “LOOK AT THESE WEEKLY STATISTICS”

Greenie I’m not sure how they do things down in Texas, but where I grew up they called that being a little *****.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

TE of the week was obviously Kelce for throwing his towel at the ref. 

^+1 to the Kelce thing.  That was awesome. 

And @BS - you posted Week 8 stats, so I didn’t have to.  And I’m not going to comment on the other stuff. 

(edit - I’m not admitting defeat, nor am I agreeing or disagreeing.  Just not arguing with you because…you’re you.)

82 > 87
Simple math.

Right, that or you somehow ran out of nonsensical things to say.  

“I never said Witten had more talent than Gronk, even in his prime.  I certainly don’t think he does now, in 2016.  To say, “this year, Gronk is better than Witten” is arguing a moot point…

…WEEK 9 RESULTS:”

If you’re going to keep bumping a thread this idiotic, I reserve the right to point in your face and laugh each time.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

^Okey doke, but that says more about you than me.

82 > 87
Simple math.

Greenman72 wrote:

^Okey doke, but that says more about you than me.

Does it?  Are you sure?  Or are you still trying to tap dance around the fact that you can’t keep your story straight?  enlightened

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

yo greenman i night a TE, what is the outlook for witten this week?

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Pretty good. Steelers defense sucks. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

Week 10 results:

Witten - 6 catches, 59 yards

Gronk - 3 for 56

82 > 87
Simple math.