If Gronk had any pride left, he would retire...

^ and the Great One extends his lead by adding 2 more catches, one for a TD (from Dez Bryant, of all people).  

82 > 87
Simple math.

Buddy after reading your other topic, you can just have this one.  You need a win or two under your belt.  Suddenly this performance and topics created to harass others for not passing an exam make a lot more sense.

The final word on the 2016 season:

Witten - 16 games.  69 receptions for 673 yards and 3 TD’s. 

Gronk - active for 8 games, but only really played in 6.  25 catches for 540 yard and 3 TD’s. 

—————

And this about sums up their careers.  Witten - almost 1,100 catches for almost 12,000 yards.  Played in 223 out of 224 games. 

Gronk - When he’s on the field, it’s scary how ridiculously good he is.  But you don’t have to worry too much, because there’s a good chance he won’t be out there. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

can this thread die

It will should die after this season when Witten retires.

This space available.

higgmond wrote:

It will should die after this season when Witten retires.

Let’s say Witten retires and Gronk can’t come back. Then can we continue this thread based on their post-NFL careers?

Actually–I just remembered that Witten’s season isn’t yet done.  He is at least going to play in one playoff game. 

This thread has to continue for at least two more weeks!!!

82 > 87
Simple math.

Meh, turns out Belichick knows best, best ability is ability.  It’s portfolio management.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Q:  What do Gronk, Witten, and Greenman all have in common?  

A:  None of them made any kind of difference at all in Super Bowl LI. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

In other news, Jason Witten announced that he is coming back next year for his 14th season. That means we can play the “is the beat up old man better than the supposed GOAT?” again next year!!!

82 > 87
Simple math.

I really liked Gronk’s caveman commercial during the Super Bowl.

Sweep the Leg: "I’m tired."
KMeriwetherD: "Well, you were basically Legolas in the Battle of Water Cooler."

Greenman72 wrote:

Q:  What do Gronk, Witten, and Greenman all have in common?  

A:  None of them made any kind of difference at all in Super Bowl LI. 

It’s a team sport Greenie, again: it’s portfolio management.  That’s why the most dominant team has the most dominant players.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Greenman72 wrote:

In other news, Jason Witten announced that he is coming back next year for his 14th season. That means we can play the “is the beat up old man better than the supposed GOAT?” again next year!!!

I might have to get Shane Stant’s number from Jeff Gillooly and see if he can make a trip to Dallas so we don’t have to be subjected to this thread for another season.

This space available.

anyone going on gronks business trip cruise? 

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Thanks for the link. Saves me the trouble of looking for it. 

That means that this thread will live on until at least the year 2021!!!  May the odds be ever in my favor. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

Rob Gronkowski is tackled by Tom Brady after stealing his jersey before Monday's opening day game between the Red Sox and Pirates at Fenway Park. (Getty Images)

Wow.  And people say Romo and Witten are gay together. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

Bro.  NSFW.  

It’s that time of year again.  

We can just shorten this by giving the stats.  Receptions/Yards/TD’s

Gronk:  2-34-0.  4.3 fantasy points.  

Witten: 7-59-1.  15.4 points.  

———————-

Just as an aside - I thought that the Giants D would be better than Green Bay’s, so I started Jimmy Graham instead.  I should have known better.  *facepalm*

82 > 87
Simple math.

Witten looked legit, I was laughing the whole time about how excited you’d be today.  

I’ve always rooted for the Cowboys in the NFC, plus they beat the Giants.  Great night!

Seahawks!!!

Cowboys!!!

Be yourself. The world worships the original.

Gronk: 6-116-1. 20.6 points. Left the game in the 3rd quarter because of an injury…again  

Witten: 10-97-1. 20.7 points. Played the whole game. Not only great IRL, but a fantasy beast as well  

Man, I can only imagine how awesome Gronk could be–if he could actually play a whole game or a whole season. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

gronk got all those points in 2 quarters while witten needed garbage time and mop up duty to get the same amount of points

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Greenman72 wrote:

Gronk: 6-116-1. 20.6 points. Left the game in the 3rd quarter because of an injury…again  

Witten: 10-97-1. 20.7 points. Played the whole game. Not only great IRL, but a fantasy beast as well  

Man, I can only imagine how awesome Gronk could be–if he could actually play a whole game or a whole season. 

No need for imagination. In 2011 Gronk played the whole year and racked up 90 catches, 1,327 yards, and 17 TDs. 

How did Jason Shitten do that year you ask? 70 catches, 942 yards, 5 TDs.

^Of course, part of that could be the difference between the 8-8 Cowboys and the 13-3 New England Patriots.  

82 > 87
Simple math.

what about Jimmy Graham.  in 2016: 65 catches, 923 yards, 6 TDs

He is solid.

Be yourself. The world worships the original.

^Pretty sure - stupidity aside - Kelce is the best TE in the league.

Sweep the Leg wrote:

He does love to get unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, doesn’t he?

This space available.

higgmond wrote:

Sweep the Leg wrote:

He does love to get unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, doesn’t he?

So frustrating. I really believe he has mental health issues like impulse control. But, he’s awesome so as long as he doesn’t abuse/kill anyone, we’ll tolerate it.

Greenman72 wrote:

^Of course, part of that could be the difference between the 8-8 Cowboys and the 13-3 New England Patriots.  

Of course, part of this could be why the Patriots were 13-3 and the Cowboys were 8-8.