"men over the age of 50 who earn around $250,000 per year"

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/lexus/lc-500/2018/2018-lexus-lc-500-lc-500h-first-drive-review/

“To summarize, Lexus has built a better BMW 6 Series. Their target demographic is men over the age of 50 who earn around $250,000 per year.”

Really? People who make $250k per year drive cars like this? I should probably move somewhere cheaper…

Well if you’re over 50 making that much you’d probably have accrued net worth and lower liabilities with kids out of the house and such. But yeah, living in a place that isn’t NYC makes a huge difference too.

If kids are through college and house is paid off, sure.

this is a ‘try hard’ ride. 6 series is like the older bull that says, “let’s walk and fuck em all”.

What should stallions under the age of 50 drive that make that boocoo bucks

When I make over $250,000 in a year I’m getting a Ferrari 575 Maranello.

My wife said that it’s OK (though she now denies that she ever said that).

Sounds like the car purchase price = 10% of income rule doesn’t apply to this crowd.

Only in NYC 250k is not a great salary

Agreed, an overstyled mess. Ugly engine bay too.

Would tell you what I drive but don’t want to be outed.

Seeing as how the least expensive new car available in the US is around $14k and median household income is around $55k, it doesn’t apply to any crowd. Sure, there are $5,500 used cars out there and someone is buying them, but someone also had to buy a new $14k Nissan Versa before it could become a used $5k Nissan Versa and I doubt that someone was making $140k.

Outed? I guess you’re driving this then

Related image

I can imagine people making $1 million a year buying a $100k car. At median sort of income levels, something doesn’t add up obviously. Maybe he meant to say car payments are 10% of income.

My car’s worth <10% of income.

That being said, I hate the car at the top of this thread but then again I’ve never been a Lexus fan.

^ It’s worth < 10% of income now, but how much was it when you bought it?

purchase price = 10% of income. it’s one of those extreme financial freedom bits of advice that I’m sure very few follow. even the author grants it’s really hard to achieve, admitting even if you go to 20% you’re doing pretty good. 20% really opens up the options.

Never had a car, leaves more money for Chinese A-shares. yes

About 15%. I’ll probably have to replace it in a few years and am hoping with a promotion I can get my price below 10%.

lol

[video:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9iCd6UHR-3I]

What i was listening to on the way home!