Sign up  |  Log in

MAGA

Black Swan wrote:

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the U.S., undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

-President Donald Trump

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the U.S., undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, lawfully to become immigrants in this country”

-Senator Obama

So confused

Black Swan wrote:

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the U.S., undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

-President Donald Trump

still doesn’t equal wall.

again.. please let the Mexicans in. They’re the most loyal chicks out their.

edit: I mean “there”…. idgafos

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the U.S., undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

-President Donald Trump

still doesn’t equal wall.

again.. please let the Mexicans in. They’re the most loyal chicks out their.

edit: I mean “there”…. idgafos

Look. here’s the problem with that.  This has become optics and just another example of manufactured outrage.  We had both parties trying to talk about and act on border security.  This guy comes up with a wall.  Sure, it’s probably dumb as sh*t, probably a terrible idea, but that’s what he ran on and a large number of people want to see.  So in a democracy, you make compromises and $5B is nothing in a Federal budget.  Instead you have Democrats doing mental gymnastics trying to explain that a wall to keep out wonderful amazing illegal immigrants is morally wrong, but they’re also against illegal immigration and want a secure border they just don’t think a wall is the most highly effective way, but also keeping out illegal immigrants is morally wrong and offensive. 

So are the Dem’s morally opposed to securing the borders and halting illegal immigration (their track record says otherwise) or are they throwing a hissy fit over the wall itself, refusing to strike deals involving one and locking up government over some $5B boondoggle that would create jobs.  I don’t even care if  they signed off on it then the next Democratic president used the $1.5 TRILLION dollar fighter jet we happily built (or any part of our annual $600B defense budget they gladly sign off on each year) that nobody has expressed this much outrage over to bomb it, what could be more Keynsian?  Point is, guy is even offering more Obamacare funding dollar for dollar with the wall, this is how democracies work, you make deals and both people get what they want unless you’ve just become so childlike and dysfunctional that what you want is just to stop the other side from getting what they want… and I thought we all wanted a secure border.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

It just politics, which is why it is so dumb from a policy standpoint. The wall is pointless. Many people realize that. However, Trump needs the wall (even if Mexico doesn’t pay for it) as a present to his base and the Dems just took over Congress and cannot be seen as caving to Trump, particularly after Chuck and Nancy’s meeting where Trump said he would “own the shutdown.”

In my opinion, a lot of hard line immigration reform (wall type ideas) is similar to the drug war. Deporting immigrants/seizing drugs is a temporary measure and in a vacuum a losing battle. If you want to stop illegal immigration or smuggling of illegal drugs, you have to remove the incentive to engage in those activities. That is human nature. If a person believes their home country is extremely unsafe for them and their family, they are not going to care about the risk of being deported or living in a detention center. 

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

just fyi. keynesian economics in a nut shell is for government to spend money when unemployment is high or there is a recession.  unemployment rate is currently 3.9 percent, with full employment typically defined at 5%.

i do think we should have more compromise, but dems are essentially doing what the repubs did, tit for tat. anyways the idea that people should just get along is flawed. sometimes you just want to piss the other side off. 

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

The wall is not pointless. Did you see the migrant caravan break through Mexican’s southern border? We need to build it, the Democrats have supported barriers in the past, and are willing to keep the govt shut down and put Americans lives at risk for a political victory, this will end up harming them in the long run. On top of that the media is throwing out claims for racism… for building a wall! Americans see through this garbage and that’s why Trump won by such a huge margin (popular vote is bs)

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

hpracing007 wrote:

The wall is not pointless. Did you see the migrant caravan break through Mexican’s southern border? We need to build it, the Democrats have supported barriers in the past, and are willing to keep the govt shut down and put Americans lives at risk for a political victory, this will end up harming them in the long run. On top of that the media is throwing out claims for racism… for building a wall! Americans see through this garbage and that’s why Trump won by such a huge margin (popular vote is bs)

Trump didn’t win because America wants to build a wall. Trump won because the Democratic Party severely underestimated just how strong the hatred was for Hillary Clinton among middle of the pack voters.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

hpracing007 wrote:

The wall is not pointless. Did you see the migrant caravan break through Mexican’s southern border? We need to build it, the Democrats have supported barriers in the past, and are willing to keep the govt shut down and put Americans lives at risk for a political victory, this will end up harming them in the long run. On top of that the media is throwing out claims for racism… for building a wall! Americans see through this garbage and that’s why Trump won by such a huge margin (popular vote is bs)

Trump didn’t win because America wants to build a wall. Trump won because the Democratic Party severely underestimated just how strong the hatred was for Hillary Clinton among middle of the pack voters.

you mean hatred stoked by fake news?

Nerdyblop wrote:

just fyi. keynesian economics in a nut shell is for government to spend money when unemployment is high or there is a recession.  unemployment rate is currently 3.9 percent, with full employment typically defined at 5%.

i do think we should have more compromise, but dems are essentially doing what the repubs did, tit for tat. anyways the idea that people should just get along is flawed. sometimes you just want to piss the other side off. 

Thanks Nerdy, that’s sweet of you, but I understand Keynsian economics.  I was sarcastically joking around because of the often quoted example of the the government paying people to dig holes and fill them up (build walls and bomb them down), not recommending an actual real policy example.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

brain_wash_your_face wrote:

It just politics, which is why it is so dumb from a policy standpoint. The wall is pointless. Many people realize that. However, Trump needs the wall (even if Mexico doesn’t pay for it) as a present to his base and the Dems just took over Congress and cannot be seen as caving to Trump, particularly after Chuck and Nancy’s meeting where Trump said he would “own the shutdown.”

In my opinion, a lot of hard line immigration reform (wall type ideas) is similar to the drug war. Deporting immigrants/seizing drugs is a temporary measure and in a vacuum a losing battle. If you want to stop illegal immigration or smuggling of illegal drugs, you have to remove the incentive to engage in those activities. That is human nature. If a person believes their home country is extremely unsafe for them and their family, they are not going to care about the risk of being deported or living in a detention center. 

No argument from me, my point was not that it’s a great idea, but just that this is simply how democracies “work” and that in the scheme of things this is insignificant versus a myriad of examples (the >$1Trillion spent in Afghanistan and Iraq bombing sand dunes).  Basically pointing out that this isn’t some giant fight vs oppressive walls, this is basically what you said first paragraph.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

hpracing007 wrote:

The wall is not pointless. Did you see the migrant caravan break through Mexican’s southern border? We need to build it, the Democrats have supported barriers in the past, and are willing to keep the govt shut down and put Americans lives at risk for a political victory, this will end up harming them in the long run. On top of that the media is throwing out claims for racism… for building a wall! Americans see through this garbage and that’s why Trump won by such a huge margin (popular vote is bs)

Trump didn’t win because America wants to build a wall. Trump won because the Democratic Party severely underestimated just how strong the hatred was for Hillary Clinton among middle of the pack voters.

Well, if all of the people that didn’t understand that Trump could win the first time say they’ve figured it out then it must be true.  Whatever soothes their narrative.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

hpracing007 wrote:

The wall is not pointless. Did you see the migrant caravan break through Mexican’s southern border? We need to build it, the Democrats have supported barriers in the past, and are willing to keep the govt shut down and put Americans lives at risk for a political victory, this will end up harming them in the long run. On top of that the media is throwing out claims for racism… for building a wall! Americans see through this garbage and that’s why Trump won by such a huge margin (popular vote is bs)

Trump didn’t win because America wants to build a wall. Trump won because the Democratic Party severely underestimated just how strong the hatred was for Hillary Clinton among middle of the pack voters.

Trump won because he had the best policies and that’s what the people wanted, end of story. Any other hypothesis you come up with or the media hypothesizes is condesending and assumes that Trump supporters can’t think for themselves. The liberals think that’s true and aren’t shy to say it but I don’t think anyone on the receiving end of that cricism has ever changed their mind because someone feels that way about them so it’s pointless and alienating.

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

middle america is always a sea of red as they are very provincial peasants, that is to be expected. if we are going by electoral college standards which is by state all or nothing wins. its really the northeast part of america that switched to trump. they are all connected to canadian lakes so i suspect those beady canadians had a part in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_United_States_presidential_election

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election

florida was also a turncoat and that is most likely because it is a retirement haven for old white people. 

https://www.sayfiereview.com/page/Who%20and%20Where%20are%20Floridas%20D...

here is a list by county of republican and democrat turncoats.

https://www.cnbc.com/heres-a-map-of-the-us-counties-that-flipped-to-trum...

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

hpracing007 wrote:
Trump won because he had the best policies and that’s what the people wanted, end of story.

What do you mean by “the best policies”?

How, exactly, were his policies better than, say, Ted Cruz’ policies?  Or Marco Rubio’s?  Or John Kasich’s?  Or, for that matter, Bernie Sanders’?

What, exactly, constitutes “best”?

I love it when people finish their arguments with, “end of story”.  It’s pretty much a signal that their arguments cannot stand up to scrutiny.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

People usually vote for the policies they feel are the best, why wouldn’t be they? (Excluding the sexist or racist people who vote for a candidate because of their sex or the color of their skin, which skews results

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

Trump won because he had clear policies, not necessarily “best” policies; no one can agree on what is “best”. The things he proposed were concrete (literally, in the case of the Wall) and understandable by voters. It’s hard to run for President or any other office when people are not sure what you claim to represent. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

Trump won because James Comey tied Hillary to Anthony Weiner (the creepiest guy on the planet) two weeks before the election.

hpracing007 wrote:
People usually vote for the policies they feel are the best, why wouldn’t be they? (Excluding the sexist or racist people who vote for a candidate because of their sex or the color of their skin, which skews results

That’s really interesting.

Now … how about answering my questions?

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

S2000magician wrote:

hpracing007 wrote:
People usually vote for the policies they feel are the best, why wouldn’t be they? (Excluding the sexist or racist people who vote for a candidate because of their sex or the color of their skin, which skews results

That’s really interesting.

Now … how about answering my questions?

I mean he’s kinda right, HRC won by 3mm votes….

S2000magician wrote:

hpracing007 wrote:
People usually vote for the policies they feel are the best, why wouldn’t be they? (Excluding the sexist or racist people who vote for a candidate because of their sex or the color of their skin, which skews results

That’s really interesting.

Now … how about answering my questions?

I listened to everyone and believe Trump’s idea were the best and so did a lot of people. They are the ones most likely to Make America Great Again and that’s why they are the best. 

Also out of everyone, he was the one most likely to undo Obama’s legacy.

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

So the argument is about the speed at which the barriers are expanded, right? Or are some advocating tearing down what is already there. Would make sense if walls are immoral or exacerbate problems.. An incomplete barrier doesn’t really compute. The discussion makes it sound like there are not barriers all over many parts of the border already, as I mentioned previously. Has to be so confusing for many. I, for one, have to keep reminding myself walls are nothing new. Similar to reminding myself that there are never more sells than buys and cash is always on the sidelines. Language matters. Feels like the Twilight Zone when I turn on any news channel or read about this “debate” on any forum.

hpracing007 wrote:
S2000magician wrote:
hpracing007 wrote:
People usually vote for the policies they feel are the best, why wouldn’t be they? (Excluding the sexist or racist people who vote for a candidate because of their sex or the color of their skin, which skews results

That’s really interesting.

Now … how about answering my questions?

I listened to everyone and believe Trump’s idea were the best and so did a lot of people. They are the ones most likely to Make America Great Again and that’s why they are the best. 

Also out of everyone, he was the one most likely to undo Obama’s legacy.

Cool.

Now … how about answering my questions?

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

s2k throwing down LOL

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

I listened to them all talk, the rallies, avoided as much fake news as possible, and came up to that conclusion, mosaic theory. Gotta do your own research!

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

hpracing007 wrote:
I listened to them all talk, the rallies, avoided as much fake news as possible, and came up to that conclusion, mosaic theory. Gotta do your own research!

No, I don’t.

You made a claim.

Back it up, or retract it.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

My claim is valid, I’ve backed it many times over in this thread. 

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

hpracing007 wrote:
My claim is valid, I’ve backed it many times over in this thread.

Pathetic.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

S2000magician wrote:

hpracing007 wrote:
My claim is valid, I’ve backed it many times over in this thread.

Pathetic.

Wrong.

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

I’m with HP on this one.  Not sure what crawled up S2k’s butt?

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

s2k is fake news!

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP