MAGA

Trump has concealed details of his face-to-face encounters with Putin from senior officials in administration

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-has-conceal...

That’s not a news source 

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

Trump Discussed Pulling U.S. From NATO, Aides Say Amid New Concerns Over Russia

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/us/politics/nato-president-trump.html

S2000magician wrote:

Black Swan wrote:
S2000magician wrote:
Black Swan wrote:
Its their … .

My confidence is inspired.

You missed the wrong use of “its”.

Now… Answer my question.

You haven’t asked a question, and you’re tiresome.

I clearly have, but you’re hung up on some pedantic grammatical inconsequence in lieu of any meaningful response as per usual.  Speaking of tiresome…

Now answer my question.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Black Swan wrote:
S2000magician wrote:
Black Swan wrote:
S2000magician wrote:
Black Swan wrote:
Its their … .

Now… Answer my question.

I clearly have, but you’re hung up on some pedantic grammatical inconsequence in lieu of any meaningful response as per usual.  Speaking of tiresome…

Now answer my question.

Find someone else to order about.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

S2000magician wrote:

Black Swan wrote:
S2000magician wrote:
Black Swan wrote:
S2000magician wrote:
Black Swan wrote:
Its their … .

Now… Answer my question.

Now answer my question.

Find someone else to order about.

Heed your own advice.  Now… answer the question.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-15/manafort-misled-grand-jury-on-trump-admin-contacts-filing-says

From Manafaort’s phone, a man who’s known to have worked with Russian to influence the 2016 election.

“Prosecutors on Tuesday cited a May 26, 2018, text to Manafort by someone with apparent access to President Donald Trump, who is referred to as POTUS. “If I see POTUS one on one next week am I ok to remind him of our relationship?” the person wrote. After Manafort replied, “Yes,” he added, “Even if not one on one.” At the time, Manafort was awaiting trial in Virginia on bank- and tax-fraud charges.”

“The new filing says that Manafort and Kilimnik communicated between Aug. 2, 2016 – in the middle of the presidential campaign – and March 2018, when prosecutors say the two men attempted to tamper with witnesses. In several interviews and before grand jurors, Manafort gave “various accounts concerning his communications with Kilimnik,” including a meeting in New York.”

“The filing also refers to Rick Gates, Manafort’s former right-hand man who pleaded guilty and is cooperating with Mueller’s investigation. Gates told prosecutors in debriefings that Manafort told him around January 2017 that Manafort was using intermediaries to “get people appointed in the administration,” according to the filing.”

For a witch hunt, there seems to be a lot of witches found in the campaign. Either Trump is so dumb to realize that the optics of hiring a bunch of Russia affiliated crooks is bad, or he’s hiring them because of their affiliation with Russia.

Article linked below is from December 2017.  It notes that Trump was briefed starting in August 2016 about various topics, presumably including Russian espionage efforts.  Notably, this was two months after the Trump Tower meeting in early June 2016 that included Junior, Manafort, Kushner and various Russians.  There has been no public report that Trump and his campaign reported those contacts with Russians to the FBI, which should have been done.  And of course Trump and others on his campaign repeatedly denied Russian contacts.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-warned-trump-2016-russians-woul...

Trump and Putin Have Met Five Times. What Was Said Is a Mystery.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/us/politics/trump-putin-meetings.html

It makes me sad that this thread has surpassed the NFL thread in popularity. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

I am both proud and profoundly sad that I started this thread.

Oh no, you don't want to mess with a guy thats riding on a buffalo.

One of the greatest threads in the history AF, maybe ever.

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

GuyOnABuffalo wrote:

I am both proud and profoundly sad that I started this thread.

When you try to ride a buffalo, you don’t always know where it leads…  Still waiting to be great again.

I voted for the chump who doesn’t know what or where Aleppo is. I would do it again. This two party system is failing our nation.

GuyOnABuffalo wrote:

I voted for the chump who doesn’t know what or where Aleppo is. I would do it again. This two party system is failing our nation.

Is it the two party system that’s failing the nation, or is it something else?  Money in politics? Are we saddled with a particularly venal political class that has decided to exploit divisive issues for personal gains?  Globalization failures?  Inequality causing more people to fight over a small slice?   Is it the incessant monetizing of everything so that institutions that were the societal glue now are just the “takers”?  Probably should be its own thread.

During my medium length life, I’ve noticed judges don’t like being the mark and usually have the authority to do something about it. There is a lot more happening than meets the eye. He may be playing chess after all.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/425739-fisa-shocker-doj-official...

xjrstreetcar wrote:

During my medium length life, I’ve noticed judges don’t like being the mark and usually have the authority to do something about it. There is a lot more happening than meets the eye. He may be playing chess after all.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/425739-fisa-shocker-doj-official...

There’s a lot of opinion in that opinion piece. A lot of things that have been discredited.

But let me ask you this; regardless of who commissioned you to start the research (which was the GOP, not Hillary), if you start finding out a bunch of Russians were colluding with a presidential nominee, then of ****ing course you’d start letting the FBI know and think its a big deal. What do you want them to do, say “Well, Mr. Steele, I know you have decades of intelligence experience, and have disclosed that Russia knows about you compiling this and may have given some false info, but Benghazi happened so I have to ignore all of this” Steele’s info has for the most part turned out to be true, but for some odd reason you’re ignoring this.

This is a professional who found out that Russia and the Trump campaign were colluding, Gulliani has admitted to it, Cohen has admitted to it, Manafort has admitted to it, Flynn has admitted to it, Gates has admitted to it. No **** it was relevant for warrants.

Not quite sure what all that was. The crime committed in the FISA court is a problem. Perpetuated by many. Hard to see how that ends well.

xjrstreetcar wrote:

Not quite sure what all that was. The crime committed in the FISA court is a problem. Perpetuated by many. Hard to see how that ends well.

This just isn’t true. You’re just spouting lies and using a op-ed as ‘evidence’

Malee wrote:

GuyOnABuffalo wrote:

Is it the two party system that’s failing the nation, or is it something else?  Money in politics? Are we saddled with a particularly venal political class that has decided to exploit divisive issues for personal gains?  Globalization failures?  Inequality causing more people to fight over a small slice?   Is it the incessant monetizing of everything so that institutions that were the societal glue now are just the “takers”?  Probably should be its own thread.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say the two party system is to blame, but it’s a system that lends itself to being manipulated. In point of fact, Karl Rove figured it out and changed American politics, maybe forever. Pre-Rove the candidates would appeal to their base during the primaries and then move more to the center during the general election. This resulted in what people call positive voting, or voting for someone because you actually like them and their platform. Rove figured out it’s way more effective to stay far right (in his case) during the general election. Then you rally your base by spewing fear and hatred. Not just negative ads, but actually saying America will be doomed if the other person is elected. This causes greater voter turnout and sways elections. This type of voting is called negative voting. You’re not voting, for example, Trump because you like him. You voted for him because you hate Hillary.

We saw the reverse during the midterms. People voted against republicans because they hate Trump, not for their democrat candidate because they liked them (generally speaking).

The two party system is the logical conclusion of first past the post voting. Parties in power gerrymander districts to further the problem and 3rd party votes only act as a spoiler for the candidate they are most like from the 2 main parties. It is no surprise that voter turnout is so low.

There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.”

– John Adams

lol would you prefer 1 party like china? 2 party like the us? or multi party like most of europe?

i think i like china more. **** seems more stable!

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

trump losing trade war???

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

No way!

Sweep the Leg wrote:

Malee wrote:

GuyOnABuffalo wrote:

I wouldn’t go so far as to say the two party system is to blame, but it’s a system that lends itself to being manipulated. In point of fact, Karl Rove figured it out and changed American politics, maybe forever. Pre-Rove the candidates would appeal to their base during the primaries and then move more to the center during the general election. This resulted in what people call positive voting, or voting for someone because you actually like them and their platform. Rove figured out it’s way more effective to stay far right (in his case) during the general election. Then you rally your base by spewing fear and hatred. Not just negative ads, but actually saying America will be doomed if the other person is elected. This causes greater voter turnout and sways elections. This type of voting is called negative voting. You’re not voting, for example, Trump because you like him. You voted for him because you hate Hillary.

We saw the reverse during the midterms. People voted against republicans because they hate Trump, not for their democrat candidate because they liked them (generally speaking).

In general I agree with you and GOAB, but the problem I have is I don’t see any examples of systems that work better.  There are many of examples of dysfunctional devoloped countries with multi-party systems…dysfunctional developed country with pluralistic voting, etc. That’s why I think this not the main issue.  My favorite bogeyman is money – the root of all evil.  The reason we seem limited to 2 parties only is a byproduct of money in politics; big money donors get a higher ROI when there are fewer options.  The tipping point is close though, 30% of American are now independent.  I left the republican party for independent after trump elected, I bet i am not alone.

lol this shut down is great. it seems trump is getting all the credit. i wonder who breaks first, trump, the dems, or the 800,000 people without a paycheck.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

THE GREATEST DEAL IN AMERICAN HISTORY BY THE GREATEST DEAL MAKER

In order of MAGA:

1) CHINA TRADE DEAL

2) Louisiana Purchase

3) Alaska Purchase

(Bloomberg) – 

China has offered to go on a six-year buying spree to ramp up imports from the U.S., in a move that would reconfigure the relationship between the world’s two largest economies, according to officials familiar with the negotiations.

By increasing goods imports from the U.S. by a combined value of more than $1 trillion over that period, China would seek to reduce its trade surplus – which last year stood at $323 billion – to zero by 2024, one of the people said. The officials asked not to be named as the discussions aren’t public.

A deal so beautiful, I nearly cried. Promises made, promises kept.

*plays “My country, ’ tis of thee”

Glad we have a President that knows so much!

I didn’t realize we had real non troll Trump supporters on the board. Very fascinating