MAGA

frisian wrote:

WSJ reports that Trump has talked with advisers, with some seriousness, about buying Greenland from Denmark.

Three-dimensional chess?  Or maybe he’s just nuts.  Oh, and he can order a nuclear strike.

For the right price, it’d 100% be worth it.

Greenland has tons of natural resources and may potentially have a great shipping route as more of the ice caps melt.

And if’ll be a cool flex.

its not. us offered 100m for greenland before in 1946. anyways is it a good idea is more important? well lets consider that its comparable is alaska. Here are alaska’s stats:

consider that we bought alaska from russia in 1867 for 7.2m which is equivalent to :

643m at 3% return (median inflation)

11.9b at 5% return (median bond rate)

14 trillion at 10% return (median stock return)

alaska gdp is 50b. (85% of gdp is tied to oil)

they also have a 65b pension fund for its ppl.

current resources if extracted today:

375m acres at 12k per acre is $4.5 trillion. (this is pretty overvalued imo, but it is the supposed avg)

10.4b barrels of oil at 55 bucks is $572b. 

9 trillion cubic feet of gas at 5 bucks per 1000 is $50b.

conventional wisdom says it was a good investment. if using stats above. nerdy approves.

but  say you can buy alaska today yourself, waht would you pay? there was a 2012 article on washington post that valued it at  ~2 trillion to a premium price of 4 trillion.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

I think the argument is that Norway spends a lot of money subsidizing Greenland’s budget, has little desire to invest in its economy, and does not value it for strategic reasons. The territory could very likely be better off under US ownership, and this is probably why this idea keeps coming up. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

Denmark = Norway lol. Same same but different!! 

Trump going to be pissed….

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

From the Twitter feed of the President of the United States.  Dude is crazy.  If he were the CEO of a publicly traded company, the Board of Directors would be scrambling to replace him.

He’s doing an incredible job on this trade war. His tweets and other comments will be compiled and studied for many millennia by future scholars.

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

This isn’t normal – do you guys not get this? We have a president calling off a meeting with Denmark because he can’t by Greenland, while calling himself the chosen one for starting a trade war with China, while accusing Jews of disloyalty by voting Dem, and while slurring his words.

This was all in the past week.

If this was your grandfather, you’d think he was going senile. Isn’t this what the 25th Amendment was for?

4-D chess

He’s thinking so many moves ahead that most people can’t understand what’s he trying to do, especially low iq people. And some people, they hate what they don’t understand, sad

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

I get that it’s fun to make it a joke and meme about 4D chess, but again, this is bizarre. This isn’t how a president should behave.

The dude is losing it. Look at his tweets today.

Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!). “

He genuinely thinks a tweet allows him to change the way businesses source their products. If Obama tweeted this, what would people say?

hpracing007 wrote:

4-D chess

He’s thinking so many moves ahead that most people can’t understand what’s he trying to do, especially low iq people. And some people, they hate what they don’t understand, sad

Schopenhauer wrote:

The dude is losing it. Look at his tweets today.

Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!). “

This could open the door for North Korea

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind

Yup, he’s been extra crazy lately. It’s not gonna be cute anymore when the economy starts crashing. 

If the economy manages to chug along for another year, we just might see another four glorious years of the great tactical and political maneuvering that would make even Sun Tzu to bow down in reverence. 

If you're the first out the door, that's not called panicking

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

I highly doubt a selfless man like President Trump is thinking about his personal finances at this time, he’s looking out for the good of the nation! #maga

RIP

Trump suggested nuking hurricanes to stop them from hitting U.S.

https://www.axios.com/trump-nuclear-bombs-hurricanes-97231f38-2394-4120-a3fa-8c9cf0e3f51c.html

“According to sources…” uh huh…

So proud that our president skipped the G7’s client meeting! 

Apparently MAGA is all about epic market manipulation to prop up domestic asset bubbles.

CN artfully responded with tariffs while the US was still in the downcycle pumping the bubble back up. Now Trumpy has to scramble this week to make up some “calls with CN;” reinflate markets before they nosedive.

trump has fantasy of melania with kim jung un

RIP

“Just returned to Washington from France and the very successful G-7, only to find that the Fake News is still trying to perpetuate the phony story that I wanted to use Nuclear weapons to blow up hurricanes before they reach shore. This is so ridiculous, never happened!” - President Trump

Knew it was FAKE NEWS!

Curious to see if this is picked up by more outlets or if more info comes out – an interesting developing story.

https://www.businessinsider.com/msnbc-host-claim-trump-deutsche-bank-loans-russians-2019-8

. The New @FoxNews is letting millions of GREAT people down! We have to start looking for a new News Outlet. Fox isn’t working for us anymore!

RIP

Dropping what I was working on and looking RIGHT NOW, Mr. President!!!

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

His recent tirade against Fox is interesting.  I think he’s looking to start a news company to take on Fox if he loses. Pretty sure that was his plan if he lost to Clinton. 

SILVIOOOOOOOO. but low key i admire silvio. he is a greater man than our president

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.