MAGA

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Looks like you can get it in a tank/tee, blanket, or poster

https://www.aafnation.com/products/trump-plays-4d-chess-blanket?variant=13918539153469

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

WSJ reports that Trump has talked with advisers, with some seriousness, about buying Greenland from Denmark.

Three-dimensional chess?  Or maybe he’s just nuts.  Oh, and he can order a nuclear strike.

frisian wrote:

WSJ reports that Trump has talked with advisers, with some seriousness, about buying Greenland from Denmark.

Three-dimensional chess?  Or maybe he’s just nuts.  Oh, and he can order a nuclear strike.

For the right price, it’d 100% be worth it.

Greenland has tons of natural resources and may potentially have a great shipping route as more of the ice caps melt.

And if’ll be a cool flex.

its not. us offered 100m for greenland before in 1946. anyways is it a good idea is more important? well lets consider that its comparable is alaska. Here are alaska’s stats:

consider that we bought alaska from russia in 1867 for 7.2m which is equivalent to :

643m at 3% return (median inflation)

11.9b at 5% return (median bond rate)

14 trillion at 10% return (median stock return)

alaska gdp is 50b. (85% of gdp is tied to oil)

they also have a 65b pension fund for its ppl.

current resources if extracted today:

375m acres at 12k per acre is $4.5 trillion. (this is pretty overvalued imo, but it is the supposed avg)

10.4b barrels of oil at 55 bucks is $572b. 

9 trillion cubic feet of gas at 5 bucks per 1000 is $50b.

conventional wisdom says it was a good investment. if using stats above. nerdy approves.

but  say you can buy alaska today yourself, waht would you pay? there was a 2012 article on washington post that valued it at  ~2 trillion to a premium price of 4 trillion.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

I think the argument is that Norway spends a lot of money subsidizing Greenland’s budget, has little desire to invest in its economy, and does not value it for strategic reasons. The territory could very likely be better off under US ownership, and this is probably why this idea keeps coming up. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

Denmark = Norway lol. Same same but different!! 

Trump going to be pissed….

you basically need to come from a target school pedigree/work at prestigious firm in the US/have a really good connection.

- AF hivemind