MAGA

Developing from the WSJ.  Long story short, Trump sought to leverage American foreign policy for personal gain.  He must go.

Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine President to Investigate Biden’s Son

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-defends-conversation-with-ukraine-leader-11568993176

trump voters are so dumb they will either ignore this or claim the deep state is with the demoncrats

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

“The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, want to stay as far away as possible from the Joe Biden demand that the Ukrainian Government fire a prosecutor who was investigating his son, or they won’t get a very large amount of U.S. money, so they fabricate a story about me and a perfectly fine and routine conversation I had with the new President of the Ukraine. Nothing was said that was in any way wrong, but Biden’s demand, on the other hand, was a complete and total disaster. The Fake News knows this but doesn’t want to report!” - President Trump

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

hpracing007 wrote:

(Usual stuff deleted)

It is within Trump’s power to 1) order the release of the whistleblower’s complaint, which has been inappropriately blocked from being sent to Congress by his hand-picked Attorney General, or 2) to order the release of all transcripts of any calls with the Ukrainian president.

If these things are exculpatory, why aren’t we seeing them?

I wouldn’t release anything, even if there was nothing important, they’d make it out to be. People are only asking because it’s President Trump. What did Obama mean when he said to Russia he had more flexibility after the election? Why did no one ask about those following conversations?

“Now that the Democrats and the Fake News Media have gone “bust” on every other of their Witch Hunt schemes, they are trying to start one just as ridiculous as the others, call it the Ukraine Witch Hunt, while at the same time trying to protect Sleepy Joe Biden. Will fail again!” - President Trump

Why not release it and let people see the truth for themselves?

The whistleblower’s complaint should have been to Congress by now, but it was held up at the behest of the DOJ.  Why?

hpracing007 wrote:

I wouldn’t release anything, even if there was nothing important, they’d make it out to be. People are only asking because it’s President Trump. What did Obama mean when he said to Russia he had more flexibility after the election? Why did no one ask about those following conversations?

“Now that the Democrats and the Fake News Media have gone “bust” on every other of their Witch Hunt schemes, they are trying to start one just as ridiculous as the others, call it the Ukraine Witch Hunt, while at the same time trying to protect Sleepy Joe Biden. Will fail again!” - President Trump

Whataboutism is pretty weak.  Did Obama say, after the election I will have more flexibility if you give me dirt on McCain or Romney?  Of course not, only a new york real estate developer would do that.

Saying he’d have more flexibility after the election isn’t even a big deal, basically par for the course for a world leader.  If Trump was caught saying it would be such a non-even in the curruptionpalooza he’s running over there that the press wouldn’t even bother covering it.

Liar.

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

Impeaching Trump is still a zero probability event though. They know it takes 2/3rds vote to pull this off, right?

Could be a good entry for risky assets right now before the democrats realize this.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Impeaching Trump is still a zero probability event though. They know it takes 2/3rds vote to pull this off, right?

Could be a good entry for risky assets right now before the democrats realize this.

It takes 2/3s in the Senate – majority vote in the house.

Secondly, it’s not necessarily about getting the ideal outcome, but fulfilling the obligation of the job. Just because the Senate isn’t going to pass any bill or do anything really doesn’t mean the house shouldn’t act. The house has a duty to do what they were elected for.

Thirdly, do you really think the house doesn’t realize the senate won’t convict? Like, do you really think career politicians are this stupid? Christ, half of them were in office from Clinton’s investigation – they’ve been doing this **** for longer than you’ve been alive.

They’re bad with iphones and computers – but they’re better at politicking than most.

Schopenhauer wrote:

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

It takes 2/3s in the Senate – majority vote in the house.

Secondly, it’s not necessarily about getting the ideal outcome, but fulfilling the obligation of the job. Just because the Senate isn’t going to pass any bill or do anything really doesn’t mean the house shouldn’t act. The house has a duty to do what they were elected for.

Thirdly, do you really think the house doesn’t realize the senate won’t convict? Like, do you really think career politicians are this stupid? Christ, half of them were in office from Clinton’s investigation – they’ve been doing this **** for longer than you’ve been alive.

They’re bad with iphones and computers – but they’re better at politicking than most.

Just so we’re on the same page - you know I actively criticize Trump for being a dumbass and horrible president right? You might want to redo that reply from the understanding I’m just trying to make a buck. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

Schopenhauer wrote:

Yes.  If you see someone determined to do the wrong thing, should that prevent you from doing the right thing?

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Just so we’re on the same page - you know I actively criticize Trump for being a dumbass and horrible president right? You might want to redo that reply from the understanding I’m just trying to make a buck. 

Sure,

I’d expect the market to have very little correlation with impeachment news. You’re much better of playing around his China tweets than impeachment discussions.

In fact, from an investment standpoint impeachment is meaningless – and I’d assume any return generated from impeachment plays are meaningless compared to the Trump tweet risk

Memorandum of call between Trump and Zelensky on July 25, 2019.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

Oldie but a goodie.  Key line at 2:12.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vETxuL7Ij3Q

The declassified whistleblower complaint.  Acting DNI will begin testimony in a few minutes.

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20190812_-_whistleblower_complaint_unclass.pdf

The next cover of Time.

Front page of today’s NYT.

NYT is not a reliable source of news.

hpracing007 wrote:

NYT is not a reliable source of news.

The picture below nicely captures the current and future relationship between the stalwarts of American media and the Trump administration.  This is the biggest story in decades.  (Hint: Trump and his cronies - who will try to save their own skins - are not the lions.)

“IT WAS A PERFECT CONVERSATION WITH UKRAINE PRESIDENT!” - President Trump

Straight from our great president, don’t know what else y’all want.

Secretary of State Pompeo and four others receive subpoenas.

House Democrats Issue First Subpoena in Impeachment Inquiry

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/27/us/politics/house-democrats-impeachment-trump.html

One of the people named in the subpoena - Kurt Volker, envoy to Ukraine - resigned as a US diplomat today… story first reported by the paper at Arizona State.  Volker scheduled to be deposed next week.

McCain Institute head Kurt Volker steps down as US diplomat

https://www.statepress.com/article/2019/09/sppolitics-mccain-head-steps-down

That’s the real scandal!!!!