Legion

So I’m 5 episodes in and still not sure what’s really going on. Otherwise it’s pretty much the only good marvel TV series I’ve seen so far.

This is a show I’ve really wanted to start watching. Can you explain what it’s supposed to be about without giving away many spoilers?

Mutants are being hunted. There is one strong mutant who is found, expected to help win the war the mutants are currently losing. But that strong mutant is sick and trying to get better, so he can actually be utilized.

And yes, extremely weird and confusing. It is nothing like the other Marvel shows.

Awesome show. Confusing af, but worth it.

Legion is the mutant name of David Haller. In the comics, he’s essentially the strongest mutant ever (perhaps tied with Franklin Richards). What makes it interesting is he’s also crazy. Like legit paranoid schizophrenia/multiple personalities. The mutants thought this was just his power manifesting itself, but actually his mind creates a new “person” that can have whatever ability he wants or needs. The show hasn’t made it that far yet (and those aren’t spoilers)…just some background.

It’s beautifully shot, scored, and acted. Everything from set design to costume is perfect. You’ll have to really pay attention to keep with it, but it’s worth it.

Being on drugs also helps.

Season finale on tonight. Eat your drugs now.