Sleeping on porch

So I am in Jersey at the suburban areas of near Jersey ( good Indian community) and we are a lot. We are visiting my uncle so we are packed so much with the AC working so much, my uncle also a wealthy man doesn’t allow much AC to works so the house is humid and hot, in the U.S is it awkward to sleep on the porch ? Would the neighbors mind ?serious

When my in-laws moved from India to the United States some 35 years ago, they couldn’t believe the low cost and abundance of our milk—until they developed digestive problems. They’ll now tell you the same thing I’ve heard a lot of immigrants say: American milk will make you sick.

It turns out that they could be onto something. An emerging body of research suggests that many of the 1 in 4 Americans who exhibit symptoms of lactose intolerance could instead be unable to digest A1, a protein most often found in milk from the high-producing Holstein cows favored by American and some European industrial dairies. The A1 protein is much less prevalent in milk from Jersey, Guernsey, and most Asian and African cow breeds, where, instead, the A2 protein predominates.

“We’ve got a huge amount of observational evidence that a lot of people can digest the A2 but not the A1,” says Keith Woodford, a professor of farm management and agribusiness at New Zealand’s Lincoln University who wrote the 2007 book Devil in the Milk: Illness, Health, and the Politics of A1 and A2 Milk. “More than 100 studies suggest links between the A1 protein and a whole range of health conditions”—everything from heart disease to diabetes to autism, Woodford says, though the evidence is far from conclusive.

Get a wet towel and put it in the freezer. Wrap it around your neck.

Very Humid

Image result for indian tank gif

Put on a jacket and dump ice in your jacket and your underwear.

be pragmatism please.

Do the solo ice bucket challenge on the porch. Do it for humanity. Gather lots of ice, put it in a bucket, dump over head, post to AF.

:frowning:

You in Edison fool?

how do you know this ?

he saw your torso on tinder, brah

From what I understand, Indians move to the US with the promise of central AC, given how hot it is there. Something in this story doesn’t make sense (besides the frugality, that makes sense).

Malaysia is both hot and humid also. But electricity is dirty cheap considering my family were rich (doctors). In the US you have to pay to breathe, also my mother got her USMLE so she can practice, YAAAAAAAy

So are you saying electricity was cheap because your family was “rich” because you got preferential rates, or because they made so much more than the poor people, which might equate to make what the back office folks here make. Sorry not familiar with Malay physician salaries. Either way, no you don’t sleep on porchs in the US. You don’t do it in “good indian neighborhoods” or “shitty white hoods”

why ? What Is wrong with sleeping on porches if the night is beautiful and you don’t look like a bum ? You have decent looking bedding equipment

Image result for snooki porch

I slept on carboard boxes on the porch of someone else’s villa for a week on a surf trip in Hossegor, France. Great trip.