Canadian Advisor

Long time lurker and fellow charterholder here. I’m an American living and working in the U.S. I’m having trouble directing a Canadian resident and citizen to a financial advisor in the Toronto area. I have a few contacts but it seems the potential client would be charged 1.5% plus a year, indefinitely. That is simply not affordable for this person. The person will be needing to monetize a multi-million dollar home with majority equity and will need advice on how to deploy the capital. Cash poor at the moment. I would consider the person financially unsophisticated and will need significant client education. However, the estate is not complicated. In the states there are many options where the total cost would be less than 0.5% a year. In fact, I know of one excellent firm that would handle everything for US$5k a year plus very low cost mutual fund fees. Do those firms exist in Toronto? I’m looking for firms with a web presence that are clear on how they are compensated, as opposed to the names of individual practitioners. I need to be able to do some due diligence. Any insight, links or direction is very much appreciated.