New WC Moderator: Sweep The Leg

Are you going to put that you are moderator of a top 3 CFA forum on your resume?

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

^Right under “proficient in the use of bidets.”

Sweep the Leg wrote:

JBrowntown wrote:

In the mod forum, can you see what happened to itera?

If there is a mod forum, I don’t have access to it. 

I asked for and Chad granted me a very particular set of skills. Imagine I’m Liam Neeson and the WC has stolen my daughter. 

And gotten her addicted to **** posting instead of heroin?

The consequence of the propagation of second-order simulacra is that, within the affected context, nothing is "real," though those engaged in the illusion are incapable of seeing it

I, the machine, show you a world the way only I can see it.

Matt Likes Analysis wrote:

i think chad does a good job at not being too involved. there would be nothing worse than a site owner who intervened in conversation. it would be like if you’re talking about drugs with your friends and your mom walks in the room.

It has nothing to do with being involved.  He has no vision, period.  He isn’t the man that can grow this place to the next level.  I already gave my opinion on this subject in the Feedback forum last year.

Clever move on his part tho to turn a former critic of his into an ally with the most recent move.  I on the other hand will not sell out.  

Those that believe STL is a savior and that banning a few trolls will bring back the WC to its past glory days are burying their heads in the sand.  The problem is deeper and more profound.  I’m sure STL is a great guy that loves his wife and children and elegantly treats his dog and parrots but there is nothing he could do if the man on top has no desire to give creative control to anyone else.

Telling it like it is on AF since 2007.

^ Yeah. I would have expanded this place long ago into THE serious financial analyst discussion forum on the internets. There’s nothing out there. This place has the great URL. It doesn’t have to just be CFA related, there are 100x more financial analysts. It could be big league. But it’s cool as is I guess too, our secret little spot.

But would we really wanna start making this place friendly to all the CFP’s and CPA’s of the world? *shudder*

The consequence of the propagation of second-order simulacra is that, within the affected context, nothing is "real," though those engaged in the illusion are incapable of seeing it

The WC needs to create a breakaway civilization. Free from the tyrrany of censorship and decorum.  

birdman12345 wrote:

But would we really wanna start making this place friendly to all the CFP’s and CPA’s of the world? *shudder*

No offense taken, in case you are wondering. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

former trader wrote:

Clever move on his part tho to turn a former critic of his into an ally with the most recent move.  I on the other hand will not sell out. 

You assume too much. You underestimate me. And you’re coming across as an ass clown.

If you have ideas to make this site better, post them publicly so you can get people behind you (or to tell you your ideas suck…). PMing Chad and expecting him to redesign the site is a bit presumptious, no? As of now, we have no idea what your vision for AF is beyond wanting a HoF and being against a voting system (both of which I’ve always been on the other side of and will continue to be). It’s very possible Chad thought your ideas were terrible and that’s why you haven’t seen any changes. 

Start a thread and post some ideas. Let others post their’s and maybe something good will come out of it. Or do nothing and just bitch about stuff. Whatever.

Chad is such a bro name

the quality of AF depends on the quality of its members. in the past 9 years since i started lurking AF, there have been high times and low times. the indian troll invasion of 2014-2015 has forever impacted member quality. solving the troll problem is virtually impossible. the loss of bchad has had a big impact.

further, just like markets, post quality is cyclical. when times are bad, analysts are looking for more views and insights and the topics that trend on AF tend to be more analytical. when times are good, all we want to talk about are abs and r@pe. the forum will seem high-minded again at the bottom of the next market decline.

if chad wants to add value, he would create an AF thread indicator and have Bloomberg pick it up. it’d be good to know if we’re at maximum ab and USA today news posts or not.

Matt Likes Analysis wrote:

the quality of AF depends on the quality of its members. in the past 9 years since i started lurking AF, there have been high times and low times. the indian troll invasion of 2014-2015 has forever impacted member quality. solving the troll problem is virtually impossible. the loss of bchad has had a big impact.

further, just like markets, post quality is cyclical. when times are bad, analysts are looking for more views and insights and the topics that trend on AF tend to be more analytical. when times are good, all we want to talk about are abs and r@pe. the forum will seem high-minded again at the bottom of the next market decline.

if chad wants to add value, he would create an AF thread indicator and have Bloomberg pick it up. it’d be good to know if we’re at maximum ab and USA today news posts or not.

Client: So what is your strategy?

AF Portfolio Manager: Well we run a sophisticated algorithm that pulls data from industry chat forums to form predictions on market sentiment. Because of this strategy we can throw out all conventional methods of analysis in favor of more telltale signs of….

Client: what the heck are you talking about?

AF PM: Take a look at exhibit A of this pitchbook. As you can see the number of SRK Ab picture posts has risen above the distribution of URLs of Indian rape stories so this indicates….

Client: Sounds legit. How about a $100 million dollar allocation?

Oh no, you don't want to mess with a guy thats riding on a buffalo.

it’s an efficient market so someone is already doing this.

People with $100MM to allocate don’t say heck.

This space available.

FT being a drama queen.  Have a snickers.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Yeah to be honest I’m happy that we have a WC and squiggly lines for misspelled words. 

"It is a rational thesis that we are all within a dream; it will be a mystical sanity to say that we are all awake." - G. K. Chesterton

Sweep the Leg wrote:

former trader wrote:

You assume too much. You underestimate me. And you’re coming across as an ass clown.

If you have ideas to make this site better, post them publicly so you can get people behind you (or to tell you your ideas suck…). PMing Chad and expecting him to redesign the site is a bit presumptious, no? As of now, we have no idea what your vision for AF is beyond wanting a HoF and being against a voting system (both of which I’ve always been on the other side of and will continue to be). It’s very possible Chad thought your ideas were terrible and that’s why you haven’t seen any changes. 

Start a thread and post some ideas. Let others post their’s and maybe something good will come out of it. Or do nothing and just bitch about stuff. Whatever.

You assume too much.  My correspondence with him had more to do with how to grow the site than any design change to the site.  To quote him on November 2nd 2016:  ”You have some great ideas”.

Obviously my great ideas require legwork and hustle which obviously he has no interest in doing.  It’s his site, his choice, but that doesn’t exempt him from being a terrible site owner.  I’ve mentioned before, the creator of a great idea is usually not the same man that can bring the idea to the next level.

At the age of 19, I built a site from 1 member (myself) to over 8,000 members, including 2,000 daily contributors.  Sponsorship money flowing and a bunch of free perks.  Also took over another site that later got bought by AskMen.com (founded by 3 great guys at my alma mater).  If someone is interested in knowing how I did it, I’m more than willing to share my experiences.

Oh…I’d rather be an ass clown than Chad’s b-iatch.

Telling it like it is on AF since 2007.

^People take themselves far too seriously.

Good luck ”forum editing” STL.  Is that like someone with absolute power but no ability to exercise it?  Kind of like the Queen of England? 

**** the forum moderators . I wanna get banned 

^I thought you already did get banned once. 

82 > 87
Simple math.

StallionDis wrote:

You obviously don’t want it enough, or you would post something that would actually get you banned.

This space available.

higgmond wrote:

StallionDis wrote:

You obviously don’t want it enough, or you would post something that would actually get you banned.

^^^

He just wants to talk about wanting to be banned 

StallionDis wrote:

No.

Image result for simpsons don't forget you're here

former trader wrote:

Sweep the Leg wrote:

former trader wrote:

You assume too much.  My correspondence with him had more to do with how to grow the site than any design change to the site.  To quote him on November 2nd 2016:  ”You have some great ideas”.

Obviously my great ideas require legwork and hustle which obviously he has no interest in doing.  It’s his site, his choice, but that doesn’t exempt him from being a terrible site owner.  I’ve mentioned before, the creator of a great idea is usually not the same man that can bring the idea to the next level.

At the age of 19, I built a site from 1 member (myself) to over 8,000 members, including 2,000 daily contributors.  Sponsorship money flowing and a bunch of free perks.  Also took over another site that later got bought by AskMen.com (founded by 3 great guys at my alma mater).  If someone is interested in knowing how I did it, I’m more than willing to share my experiences.

Oh…I’d rather be an ass clown than Chad’s b-iatch.

Cool story bro

former trader wrote:

I’ll bite.  Check your inbox.

Sweep the Leg: "I’m tired."
KMeriwetherD: "Well, you were basically Legolas in the Battle of Water Cooler."

Greenman72 wrote:

ni you fat sack of ****. Never been banned. 

StallionDis wrote:

Greenman72 wrote:

What is with the animosity? Upset you didn’t get the mod job?

Oh no, you don't want to mess with a guy thats riding on a buffalo.

lol studdmuffin got the roid rage

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

StallionDis wrote:

Greenman72 wrote:

We are no longer the knights who say Ni! We are now the knights who say ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing.  

82 > 87
Simple math.

Canuck707 has been banned for attempted doxxing. Don’t do this guys. That’s the one thing that will get you banned instantly. Have a blessed day.