New WC Moderator: Sweep The Leg

https://theconversation.com/dont-feed-the-trolls-really-is-good-advice-heres-the-evidence-63657

“Individuals seeking a negative social reward may still engage in trolling. But if they don’t receive that negative social reward, then their motivation to engage in this behaviour will likely diminish.”

Oh no, you don't want to mess with a guy thats riding on a buffalo.

Happy Friday!

Someone hasn’t had their morning cup of coffee yeesh

I gender Identify as a Chair. People say to me that I’m ****ing retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. If you can’t accept me you’re a Furniturephobe and need to check your furniture privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

To be fair, it did seem like Fact Check race baited first, seemingly unprovoked. Monkey took it to another level, but that doesn’t excuse Fact Check’s instigation.

king_kong wrote:

To be fair, it did seem like Fact Check race baited first, seemingly unprovoked. Monkey took it to another level, but that doesn’t excuse Fact Check’s instigation.

I agree, monkey had a pleasant cynical sense of humor underlying… by the point of fact check he seems to have moved to a new stage in his life/career as a forum poster, taking on a new, more nihilistic sensibility. The new personas have just gotten more and more dark and destructive. 

Bring monkey back! 

I gender Identify as a Chair. People say to me that I’m ****ing retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. If you can’t accept me you’re a Furniturephobe and need to check your furniture privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

God damn it. I really hate having to work on Fridays.

Edit: I’m just going to delete all his posts. Normally I lock stuff, but there’s no reason to keep a record of his crap.

WC is in a downward spiral and now only STL can save it.

StreetFighter wrote:

WC is in a downward spiral and now only STL can save it.

Depends on your starting point. If we choose the first day of Lord STL rule, it’s definitely improved. All praise our dear leader 

I am in a bit of a conundrum. The quality of the content has really sucked recently. No one person is to blame. I think it has more to do with the current news cycle and political climate than the quality of our regulars. And, we’ve lost a few posters over the last couple years and there hasn’t been much new blood so it’s the same dozen of us telling the same inside jokes. Don’t get me wrong, I like that. But it’s probably not a good model for the continuing viability of the WC. 

I don’t have any answers. I’m not going to moderate the content of the WC. That’s not what I signed up for. I guess I’d encourage people to start more threads with less to do about Trump and more about who is going to get named by TMZ next, ACE or Nery. 

If anyone has any suggestions on how we can improve the WC, let’s hear them. 

I have suggested increasing the rate of new posters by reintegrating WC with the CFA General Forum.

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

#freeCvM 

I guess one option is we could migrate to Reddit and run an A/B test on what this forum is like with up/down voting.  I suspect Reddit would win 

We need to keep it alive. If we move it to Reddit then people would resist moving back because reddit platform is way better that this old crappy website. 

StreetFighter wrote:

We need to keep it alive. If we move it to Reddit then people would resist moving back because reddit platform is way better that this old crappy website. 

True 

In addition to up/down votes…

#MWCGA

first, #freeCVM

second, probably just a seasonal effect. should pick up in the winter time

"Verdict: TRUE" - Fact Check

Has STL been seen since the Chiefs went into this hilarious tailspin?  RIP STL

ltj wrote:

Has STL been seen since the Chiefs went into this hilarious tailspin?  RIP STL

Reported

can you keep turd in one thread please this place is dying

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

igor555 wrote:

can you keep turd in one thread please this place is dying

this belongs in the feedback forum. 

For real, there’s no way the owners of this site want to be associated with this far right propaganda.  He’s spamming multiple threads with this garbage daily.  Might as well be 4chan at this point.

ltj wrote:

For real, there’s no way the owners of this site want to be associated with this far right propaganda.  He’s spamming multiple threads with this garbage daily.  Might as well be 4chan at this point.

this belongs in the feedback forum. Also I apologize for offending your delicate sensibilities. 

I haven’t been around much so I’ll have to get caught up. 

Turd - I personally give you a lot of latitude because somewhere under your tinfoil trolling is the libertarian gold loving guy I know and love (yes homo). However, the others do have a point. We agreed that you should keep all your crazy in one thread. Contain the wokeness to your thread and while commenting in other threads keep the crazy to a minimum. I really don’t want to go around deleting your posts. I don’t really even want to enter the MAGA thread in general.

And, eventually, this will go above my pay grade and out of my hands.

i think it would be a mistake to put the ‘crazy’ label on unpopular opinions in order to justify deleting things.  but if that’s the type of ship you want to run, i’m sure you won’t get any negative feedback from folks on here because they seem to only enjoy reading things that don’t challenge their delicate sensibilities. 

Its good to have an open mind cw, but you don’t want it to be so open that your brain falls out completely.

Charlie Work wrote:

i think it would be a mistake to put the ‘crazy’ label on unpopular opinions in order to justify deleting things.  but if that’s the type of ship you want to run, i’m sure you won’t get any negative feedback from folks on here because they seem to only enjoy reading things that don’t challenge their delicate sensibilities. 

Thanks.

Charlie Work wrote:

Lol @ delicate sensibilities.  You’ve been melting down all week.

I’m not calling for anyone’s opinion to be stifled…….dipsh!t.

At the time I posted that you were spamming multiple topics with no one else even conversing back with you.  Say whatever you want but there’s no need to flood the board with it.  We know what topic to go to if we want to read that Sandy Hook was a hoax.  

I should have mentioned exactly what I plan on doing here, and that’s what I normally do - as little as humanly possible.

When I say contain the crazy, I’m talking about the YT videos on wild conspiracies popping up in random threads. I’m not going to delete turd’s comments in the Mueller thread (for example) just because some people find them outrageous. I would strongly advise the handful of people that get riled up by turd to simply stop replying to him. Just stay calm and move along.